• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Home Ownership Thread

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats man!

:cheers:

Got the new filter(s) for our well. I would not describe them as unobtrusive. But the alternative is changing out all the irrigation control valves every couple of years.

IMG_3711.jpg

esoxm

Reaction score
Santa Fe is awesome. Working on the wife to retire there, thankfully have 30 years to break her down

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is remarkable how many artists, writers and other creative folks came here from Europe and the East Coast since the mid 1800's for inspiration. Such a rich history, cultural mix and scenic beauty.
It's the light.

lefty

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have only been to New Mexico once in my life and it was the summer between my Freshman and Sophomore years in college. I'd like to return again because I don't think I got to experience enough of it as I was on a volunteer trip out in the desert also I am of a much different mindset that I think I would enjoy it more. One thing I remember distinctly about staying on a camp in the desert was how the stars literally looked like golf balls in the sky and the sky was HUGE. Over here you can either catch small windows of it, or it is just light polluted.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The skies in the southwest are indeed pretty incredible. Nothing like their sunrises and sunsets too.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Reactions: Gus

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
began a compost pile: a bunch of dried straw on the bottom and then a mix of pear tree that i'm slowly tearing down as i harvest the last fruit and various green clippings and some other carbon sources. some hummus-y soil sprinkled in as a suggestion. everything that goes in in from here on out will be masticated to a degree, in a few months should have some nice amendment ready for the fall push

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
began a compost pile: a bunch of dried straw on the bottom and then a mix of pear tree that i'm slowly tearing down as i harvest the last fruit and various green clippings and some other carbon sources. some hummus-y soil sprinkled in as a suggestion. everything that goes in in from here on out will be masticated to a degree, in a few months should have some nice amendment ready for the fall push

emptym

Reaction score
Growing up in the SW, I've really missed that sky anywhere else I've lived. My first year in college, I felt kind of depressed, and eventually I realized it was because of the things you mentioned: only seeing small slices of the sky, plain sunsets, etc.

Reactions: Gus

Lizard23

Reaction score
Just ordered a sonos amp and a pair of sonance outdoor speakers. Decided it would be nice to have a separate zone for relaxing by the firepit with a glass of bourbon at the end of the night.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a sonos amp and a pair of sonance outdoor speakers. Decided it would be nice to have a separate zone for relaxing by the firepit with a glass of bourbon at the end of the night.
He said firepit!

:slapfight:

It's good to chill outside. We also have Sonos-connected garden speakers and they get lots of use. Wife was blasting Purple Rain earlier today while watering. I'd feel for the neighbors if we didn't have to listen to their hippie wind chimes 24/7. Bingle fucking bongle.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.