• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Progress is slow this weekend as I found out this closet was no where near square. Made a rookie mistake and assumed measurements would be the same on the bottom and top.

2E2865DD-CCF4-4AB9-B196-7F39BA2DDA62.jpeg BAD8A7CB-591F-4118-B021-C39488878940.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Looking good.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm slowly removing 3 fruit trees from the backyard, a couple plums and a pear. the last owner did not look after these guys and their race is run. plus they're in an easement (sewer line below, also wires above. gah the last folks punted on so much stuff lol but getting through it.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a house we love today, and are writing an offer tonight - wish us luck!
It's the same year as our current house (1960) and the same size, but it's a much higher quality of construction and its SPOTLESS. Other than a few odd updates in the 70's (windows and some light fixtures) its like a sealed time capsule.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an experience with alliums?

Thinking of doing some planting in the fall and online suppliers are running great pre-order specials.

My thoughts are some giant ones to fram against the house and add some interest and smaller ones flanking our walk interspersed between boxwoods.
The planting seems easy enough but wondering if the layout should be left to a professional (who would likely charge me 5x for something i could accomplish in a saturday in the fall).

Something like this...

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty sure alliums are idiot proof, as long as you plant them in the fall. I've had pretty good luck with Holland so far, as per your link. At five bucks a bunch, not much risk.

I have a whole bunch of the white ones, been thinking about getting some purples. There are almost twice as many as four years ago, enough that I'm thinking about thinning them out. They spread quite easily, and I've done absolutely nothing to encourage them.

The flowers last a long time, the foliage is nice enough before they flower, and the dried husk provides some winter interest if that's your thing. You can put them behind something else for structure with the blooms, or in front for foliage texture with added interest from the flowers. They also take fairly well to transplanting even if you don't like them after a year.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There’s this home that’s been marketed since two months ago, no official listing until recently. There was a soft opening to the public prior. The listing agent then put it on the MLS at higher price, then, recently reduced it back down to the “marketed” price. Another open house this weekend for two hours compared to the usual 3-4 I see. Nice home priced way below the neighborhood. I’m just unsure if it is the LA or seller that is flip flopping. Super annoying. Want to file some complaint, whether it be with the realtor commission or elderly abuse. Argh!

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s this home that’s been marketed since two months ago, no official listing until recently. There was a soft opening to the public prior. The listing agent then put it on the MLS at higher price, then, recently reduced it back down to the “marketed” price. Another open house this weekend for two hours compared to the usual 3-4 I see. Nice home priced way below the neighborhood. I’m just unsure if it is the LA or seller that is flip flopping. Super annoying. Want to file some complaint, whether it be with the realtor commission or elderly abuse. Argh!
Almost certainly the owner. Just make an offer and call it good.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have a recommendation for a brand of remote controlled interior blinds?

We will have several, large West facing windows so periods of intense sun during the day. Vacationing in Hawaii a few years ago on the West coast, they had sheers and blackouts to control light and heat that worked perfectly.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tank guy seems like a real asshole. But **** HOAs, too

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just bought a home in a planned area with very strict HOA guidelines which is exactly what we want. Everyone has large parcels and must keep the area around their home in it's natural state. It preserves the views, prevents people from changing the color of their home or brining in non-native plants to the area. After living in an unincorporated area with no enforceable CC&R's I got tired of people not contributing the road paving, leaving large dead trees on their property, etc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads