• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we're still in our rental while we tackle a couple of upfront projects to shake the ghosts out of our new place. I took up a couple of layers of floor to get down to slab in what will be a new office/workroom/misc. the other project will be getting rid of some paneling and a little drywall, then we've got some bigger projects down the road.

as an aside i've been wrestling with existence for the past couple of years and just efforting to get back on the ******* horse, so far this is a really amazing project to be involved in and I'm glad it's sort of kicking me into gear. it's been a road.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Good to hear you're back in the saddle.

Think I mentioned I found some rodent dropping behind my Kamado recently? Well, happened to be home yesterday when our pest guy was doing his monthly rounds. Had him to inspect the ramada structure. ******* mice getting up under our counter enclosure through the opening where the drain pipe for the sink goes out. He climbed half way into the enclosure portion under the counter and came out with a handful of mouse turds. *sigh* $200 to vacuum/clean the space out, "exclude" it to stop re-entry, laying monitored traps, etc.

Love the Piob Palace but it's always something.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Piob Palace but it's always something.
Now that the weather is turning, the list is growing. Have to level and reseed the front lawn. Roofer is hired, just need to schedule time (tearing off 30+ year old cedar shake). Looking to maybe do windows as well. Wife wants a few rooms painted. Driveway needs replacing or resealing. Some doors need replacing. The list goes on and on...

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wrote a $3400 check for bat, mice and raccoon removal .mother ****** .

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Solidarity, brother.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That said last night was why we own this home. Had three couples from the neighborhood over for a casual evening. Big nosh plate on the coffee table in the covered patio seating area, patio heaters on so the women folk would stay warm, fire pit blazing (fire glass) with a seating area there, and martini station set up on the bar top. Beautiful sunset, and as darkness set in, the pool/landscape lighting takes over.

I cranked out a few homemade pizzas on the Kamado Joe and they were brought inside to keep warm in one of the ovens while I broiled the pork bellies and we all assembled the sliders on our kitchen island. Rest of the evening around the dining room table, which looks out on the backyard, and fireplace on inside with the house opened up for the evening breeze.

At the end of the evening everyone just walked home. This neighborhood is like when I was kid in the '70s and neighbors actually did things together and hung out. We love it.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
We had to rodent proof our building after a couple of rats died in the basement recently. Luckily we’re on the top floor - the lower units could smell it.

50949018-6C21-4531-A0E5-E1EE0C77E718.jpeg E0A1E139-3D35-44F9-9CD4-CF2E3E9BB0E2.jpeg

As part of our bathroom redo we’re restoring a transom window that was removed at some point in the past. We’re commissioning a stained glass window for the space and the designer is coming over on Monday.

Our inspiration images: a window in the neighborhood and a print by a Canadian artist that hangs in our dining room.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I can see your plan now. If you don't like the finished product? Blame Canada.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Grout day so I took some progress shots. My wife and I separately realized we’d unconsciously recreated a bathroom from an international class hotel in almost any major city in the world:

C34AC9DE-2243-4468-B9D7-0FE2B75A878C.jpeg

The tub is massive so the vanity is a bit squeezed between the toilet and tub. The valves in the wall turned out to be a last minute building code addition and will have to be accessible from inside the vanity.

850ECE43-5E05-4A78-80BE-3C0CF7398F08.jpeg
59CFA18E-A7D3-4EF5-AE42-50D55DEAD3F7.jpeg

The once and future transom:

77EA94EC-FFE8-4ACD-93F2-756C24EAFAD4.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Not one pipe outside the wall? Son, I am...

brokencycle

Reaction score
I hope you enjoy tearing your pipes out and replacing everything because of water damage. Those Russian European pipes are a ticking time bomb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads