1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Home Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Douglas, Jan 31, 2012.

1. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

Standard in every Japanese shower set-up and it makes a lot of sense, especially given ageing etc. And inconvenient to move? Seriously? I can't see why you'd want in anything other than a suitable wood or plastic and neither of those are heavy or a huge chore to shift. They are designed to be moveable etc.
    [​IMG]

2. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Just hired a new RE agent "team" yesterday. Complete staging of the house, a little paint and a few new light fixtures and we will begin private marketing Feb 15 and Open House March 1 if needed.

Had the house on the market last year. No sale. But, we limped on after the peak season and had minimal staging. The new team has a a much more aggressive online presence and follow-through. We feel that this is going to be a good reset. Wish us luck. It's a great house.

3. Medwed

Medwed Distinguished Member

Boston-NYC-Helsinki-Pietari-Budapest-Antwerp-Basel
    Welcome feature in Finnish Sauna also.

4. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

I thought you lived in the Bay Area?

5. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

just put an offer on a place, expect to join you fellas soon enough. should be fun.

6. Gus

I do. Our home not selling is a reflection (in part) that, in spite of what news reports were telling you last Summer, real estate on the upper end of the market in several major cities and their surrounding suburbs had already begun to slow in the Spring 2018. The middle and lower market in our city remained robust but as of last Fall, even the middle market is beginning to slow - longer on market, rarely bidding above asking and now people making offers contingent upon selling their homes. This last thing something agents haven't seen in 10+ years. Prices do remain strong, this isn't a housing bubble (circ 2008) as much as a return to a more balanced buyer-seller market rather than totally dominated by seller.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

7. Gus

Congratulations!

8. jcman311

jcman311 Distinguished Member

I was actually going to point you over here after the announcement in the happy thread.

9. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

Hmm interesting. When prices got crazy awhile back I swore I couldn't understand how someone would want a million dollar house in a neighborhood. Well I now live in one like it or not.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Built in > stool

This cannot be argued.

11. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Happy ending?

13. brokencycle

Is it a happy ending if it happens every time?

14. brokencycle

Anyone have recommendations on LED tape light? These are going to be for a lighted cove molding, and I plan to put dimmers on them.

Related, why is WAC so expensive for these things? It is $20+/ft when most stuff with good reviews is like $1/ft.

15. jbarwick

jbarwick Distinguished Member

I got a chuckle about something over the weekend. My SIL and BIL moved into some 8K sq. ft McMansion for whatever reason someone needs 8K sq ft. Anyhow, she has had a ton of electricians over lately and I remember a selling point for them was all the updated lighting and such around the house.

Come to find out, they are having some electrician come over and change out every socket, light switch, and switch plate from almond to white. I can only imagine what they are having done as they have had 3 electricians at their house for a couple of days.