1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Home Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Douglas, Jan 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

I hate heat pumps right now. It has been pretty cold for the area, and my unit has been able to keep up. It is a unit with a gas supplemental heat. Last night it frosted up because of the snow, so I went out cleared all the snow away - put it in emergency heat mode for awhile - then switched it back to normal heat. That worked great, and the temperature in the house quickly started to rise. I woke up to find it is 55 in the house again, and the system is blowing cool/warm air. My internet research says that is normal (and at least it isn't cold air like yesterday evening).

2. Ataturk

Ataturk Stylish Dinosaur

My mini split works as a heater, but the software it uses is really wonky. It seems to keep the room about 10 degrees below whatever you set the thermostat at. Last night it intermittently said "dF" which I assume means it was defrosting the outside coils.

BTU output of heat pumps falls of dramatically when the outside temperature is really low, though some are much better than others.