• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Dumb question, but how do any of these differ from normal contractors/craftsmen?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So my addition is coming along, but I need a folding door, but an interior one. A french door will open funny into the room, so I need something that folds compactly into the doorway.

I have looked but cant find anything. Anyone have any ideas for me? Running short on time.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dumb question, but how do any of these differ from normal contractors/craftsmen?

Mostly the uniform style that is unique to them. Most contractors will source what the client requests where a specialized cabinet shop and installed and installer is designing and building.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mostly the uniform style that is unique to them. Most contractors will source what the client requests where a specialized cabinet shop and installed and installer is designing and building.

Ya but I'm weird and dont trust anyone.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to build custom speaker stands for my vintage addiction. Looking for carpenter in Europe is like looking for rocket scientist in Somalia.

946305-speaker-stands-for-your-classic-tad-jbl-altec-harbeth-spendor.jpg

woodstands_4345-1.jpg

brokencycle

Reaction score
Ideas for overhead lighting rather than recessed cans? Or are recessed lights styleforum approved?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd probably use recessed lights in all except the library where you might have lights focused on the bookshelves but also more comfortable lighting such as table lamps or floor lamps.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture lights for library, hidden wiring is easy with bookshelves. The room is made by accent lighting and ruined by inappropriate overhead. I always prefer spot lighting, it sets the mood you want for the room and always looks better than the other options. Table or floor lights can be moved around depending on your needs . Recessed lights are just a nuisance that came over from offices to our homes. Not to mention it requires your ceiling height to be reduced .

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One downside to recessed lighting is that it can heat up small rooms rather quickly with standard bulbs. My wife requested some for our sons room and when we are in it for too long with the recessed lights on it gets rather hot.

One pet peeve is when someone lights their kitchen with recessed lights and there is not rhyme or reason to their placement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads