• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't spent much time in MC in years, so can't speak to what it's like anymore. But the design/furniture thread is fairly predictable, even though there are divergent points of view. Frankly, it's pretty sleepy over there.

What's wrong with criticism, though? Not much fun or use if every post were guaranteed praise/adulation.
Not true at all. Come on, man--you usually start the discussion with some idea that is not bad or offensive--such as, "I really like the Eames lounge chair." But then, as discussion develops, you introduce other ideas that are increasingly odd or off-putting--like, "We need to have two Eames lounges chairs, side by side--because married." People tell you those ideas are odd or off-putting, but things march on anyway. Then inevitably, the other shoe drops. You aren't going to get an Eames lounge chair. It's too expensive. You aren't sure you couldn't get something equally high-quality for less money. You're not sure the whole "design" thing matters to you. Who is this Eames guy anyway and what business does he have charging you $6,000 for a chair? Next thing you know, you are posting a picture of the Pio-chair in some depressingly anonymous buy-one-get-one-free, 50%-off-everything, everything-must-go furniture showroom/warehouse/deathchamber and everyone is like "WTF" and pissed that they wasted all their time.

A week later you ask "What about Arco lamps? I like those." Rinse and repeat.

Anyway, I may be paraphrasing, embellishing, whatever, but I think I've captured the spirit of how things unfurl into a "**** storm" for you.

:rotflmao::spew:

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score

Anyway, I may be paraphrasing, embellishing, whatever, but I think I've captured the spirit of how things unfurl into a "**** storm" for you.
In fairness, he did buy an Arco lamp, no?

Also, I almost put a foo emoji in my post about the wine cellar. :p

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol, I did put foo emoji, but then deleted it . After Pio's post I want to be on best behavior tonight.....:embar:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Did he get the Arco or did he get:

I mean, basically the same thing, but just curious.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Not only did I buy an Arco lamp I posted a picture of Gracie sitting on it. :)

Oh, and that furniture store is considered high end around my place. Again, pleb in the hinterland.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not only did I buy an Arco lamp I posted a picture of Gracie sitting on it. :)

Oh, and that furniture store is considered high end around my place. Again, pleb in the hinterland.

One Arco for each Pio-chair or is there a time-share sort of arrangement?

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

One Arco for each Pio-chair or is there a time-share sort of arrangement?

The light is centered over the side table between the two chairs and works wonderfully. I am now able to read an actual book (vs. Kindle) and sip wine while I look out on our backyard and the local view. It's rather wonderful.

Okay, here's some meat for the wolf pack: we bought our love seat and couch from Natuzzi. :)

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The light is centered over the side table between the two chairs and works wonderfully. I am now able to read an actual book (vs. Kindle) and sip wine while I look out on our backyard and the local view. It's rather wonderful.

Okay, here's some meat for the wolf pack: we bought our love seat and couch from Natuzzi. :)

So the Arco bisects the Pio-chairs? That is truly odd. Why not put it off to the side somewhere? I mean, one of the key design features of the Arco is that it . . . arcs. You have the freedom to place it wherever and still have the light fall where you want it to.

You don't arrange all your furniture symmetrically, do you?

Do you?

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

So the Arco bisects the Pio-chairs? That is really odd. Why not put it off to the side somewhere? I mean, one of the key design features of the Arco is that it . . . arcs. You have the freedom to place it wherever and still have the light fall where you want it to.

You don't arrange all your furniture symmetrically, do you?

Do you?

As I said, the light comes down between the two chairs. Maybe I needed to add that base is behind and remote near the wall? It's being used as one would expect it to be used, i.e. bring light to a place distant from the base.

The Piob chairs sit across a rectangular area rug from the Natuzzi sofa.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

As I said, the light comes down between the two chairs. Maybe I needed to add that base is behind and remote near the wall? It's being used as one would expect it to be used, i.e. bring light to a place distant from the base.

The Piob chairs sit across a rectangular area rug from the Natuzzi sofa.

Well, that's a relief. Except for the Natuzzi situation.

Tell me, does it look like something like this:

Is it leather? Black leather?

Do any parts adjust or move around to change it into something else? Was "lumbar" included in the product description?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Nothing movable or adjustable, not black but it is leather, has metal legs.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Probably.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Gracie a cat? The only way I'd look at arco lamp if it has really cute cat on it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads