• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
None taken.

You want a tree taken down by axe? I'm your guy.
Unsure where to put the chifferobe? Look to me.
Hell, I can even put together a reasonable wardrobe.

Want something built? Run.

When I take on a project my cc bill tends to read: Home Depot, Home Depot, St Barnabas Emergency Centre, Home Depot.

I'm sure I could figure it out, but handling 18' lengths of metal roof alone is probably a decapitation waiting to happen. Just a little surprised how expensive these roofs are. I was thinking 4-5 K.

lefty

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goddamn. Getting quotes for a new metal roof on my cabin - straight shed runs, 1340 sq ft' in total. 7 - 9K.

My 212 area code is killing me.

lefty
I will gladly rent out my 860(poor side of Connecticut) Area code number for a low low rate..... That does seem a bit steep however

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think I'll have to get a local cell phone and start clipping suspenders to my dungarees. Bastards are killing me.

lefty

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Burner phones for soliciting work on vacation homes. This is a business opportunity.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, having a 408 cell number in the 303 is fun... Everyone assumes you're one of those tech guys making the house prices go up.

Speaking of which, we close on our new house in 12 hours and 15 minutes. :)

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Goddamn. Getting quotes for a new metal roof on my cabin - straight shed runs, 1340 sq ft' in total. 7 - 9K. 

My 212 area code is killing me.

lefty

I'm thinking about getting this done myself. The frugal ***** in me is saying that since the shingle roof is only 8 years old, I'd be an idiot to spend money to replace it with metal, but goddamned if that thing wouldn't pop with a red tin roof..

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had one guy tell me that metal was cheaper than shingle, but I find that hard to believe. I did a large house in NJ with multiple pitches and roof lines for about 6K.

Anyway, bought a sealant called Through the Roof and will attempt some patch work this weekend.

lefty

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting my boring kitchen togeather. Hard to believe there is 4500 Eur worth of **** on this picture.

Next are marble countertop-backsplash 1500Eur and tiled stove/hood backsplash 650Eur. Drilling the chimney hole for hood exhaust 200Eur, fridge 700Eur, chimney extension ???Eur. I am in a relatively cheap market in EU and still getting into 8K for the final project , ******* obscene. When I started I thought it would be 6K max. Built-in appliances suck up cash everything is 25-30% more expensive than a regular appliance - don't do it folks. Definitely not going to put washing machine in the kitchen next time-major pain **********.

Last edited:

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A whole new kitchen for $9k! I took out a wall, replaced countertop with quartz, and tiled the backsplash for $11k.
Before and after

My sister's complete remodel of her kitchen was close to $100k!!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally moving again on our project. Shower pan set and passed inspection, tile going up on the walls. After more than 18 months, I may soon be able to use the bathroom that was impetus for this ******* ordeal.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A whole new kitchen for $9k! I took out a wall, replaced countertop with quartz, and tiled the backsplash for $11k.
Before and after

My sister's complete remodel of her kitchen was close to $100k!!

Sounds like you're a small timer

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with pottery barn faucets and fixtures?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads