• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokencycle

Reaction score

I wish I had gone with version 1. Making judgements before knowing what the **** your are talking about = ******* marsupial.

-wrong on product used
-wrong on what it does / how it works
-and "misting and sprinkling are basically the same thing" is ******* marsupialed on a stand-alone basis

Man I can't even post in the ******* homeownership thread, SF is like a stupid assholes magnet.

Coming from the guy who uses /= for "not equal"...

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rimshot.gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Didn't know where else to put this... I'm considering moving to another unit in my apartment building. I haven't seen it in person but I can tell (from staring out my window into the unit in question) that it's hardwood floors. I currently have and hate carpet. Is it worth even considering the hassle of moving just for a different view (not particularly better - different angle of the same view I currently have) and lower maintenance floors? Looking for thoughts while I decide about actually requesting a viewing and obtaining a rental quote.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Joffery, I would say it depends how long you plan to stay there. If it's several years, and those floors really get on your nerves, yes.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no immediate plans to move. I hate moving and I'm not willing to pay more to live closer to downtown. So I'll be in the building for another year at least.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't know where else to put this... I'm considering moving to another unit in my apartment building. I haven't seen it in person but I can tell (from staring out my window into the unit in question) that it's hardwood floors. I currently have and hate carpet. Is it worth even considering the hassle of moving just for a different view (not particularly better - different angle of the same view I currently have) and lower maintenance floors? Looking for thoughts while I decide about actually requesting a viewing and obtaining a rental quote.

wood is not lower maintenance than carpet.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I know there's multiple ways to skin this cat but http://www.sonos.com/products/wireless-stereo-components with my in ceiling speakers around the house and home theatre system really rocks. The app also lets you stream a huge number of internet radio stations and being able to control the whole thing from your smart phone is awesome.

Last edited:

ChrisGold

Reaction score

I know there's multiple ways to skin this cat but http://www.sonos.com/products/wireless-stereo-components with my in ceiling speakers around the house and home theatre system really rocks. The app also lets you stream a huge number of internet radio stations and being able to control the whole thing from your smart phone is awesome.

I think Sonos is still ahead of the competition. I just use their stand alone speakers (5 and Playbar) but have friends with whole house systems and they are the best.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sonos is an excellent choice! glad that it is all working for you. I have been looking at ways to add them to my house as well. Damned plaster walls

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brands for kitchen and bathroom faucets? Seen a few recs for Grohe. But, not finding more than superficial reviews.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brands for kitchen and bathroom faucets? Seen a few recs for Grohe. But, not finding more than superficial reviews.

Quality wise Chicago Faucet is hard to beat

brokencycle

Reaction score

I just installed a Hans Grohe faucet (which is not the same company as Grohe), and I really like it. It is substantial, I like the styling, and it works (I don't know what else there is to a faucet).

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update on my situation: our lowball offer was accepted and we have a contract. Did a walkthrough with the inspector today and there were no major surprises. The major projects are re-pouring one foundation wall; new roof; new driveway; gut reno of the kitchen; and new paint throughout along with some sheetrock upstairs.

We've hit a slight snag due to a potential title defect. The attorneys are looking into it but we were supposed to close tomorrow, and that is obviously delayed. Fingers crossed that this works out.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just had an offer accepted on an off-the-grid cabin with solar power and a gravity-fed spring. I know nothing about either and am considering drilling a well and laying in underground cable from the road. Much to learn.

lefty

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just had an offer accepted on an off-the-grid cabin with solar power and a gravity-fed spring. I know nothing about either and am considering drilling a well and laying in underground cable from the road. Much to learn.

lefty

congratulations! where is it??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads