• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
IMHO, this right here is the pinnacle of hose nozzles:
View attachment 2204077

Unfortunately the build quality seems a bit lacking...seems like they are prone to developing leaks or catastrophic failures after the first season and are particularly susceptible to freezing temps.

Thanks for the tip--I like a wand to water the plants on the patios.

I'm headed to THE Home Depot in a bit and will see if they've got these. If it starts to leak you might trying unscrewing the bits you can and adding teflon tape at those joints. And it might have replaceable O-rings/washers.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip--I like a wand to water the plants on the patios.

I'm headed to THE Home Depot in a bit and will see if they've got these. If it starts to leak you might trying unscrewing the bits you can and adding teflon tape at those joints. And it might have replaceable O-rings/washers.
I actually filled the leaky joint with a bit of flexible marine epoxy (west systems g-flex) which seemed to solve it. But then it started leaking from the hand grip area of hte handle itself...like full on spray out of a blown seam. I don't think I let it freeze with water in it, but I suppose it is possible.

But whatever...I like it so I'd rather replace it every few years than use one I don't like.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're only looking to water plants, you might look into a dramm wand. Incredible volume of water but very gentle - really cuts down on watering time if you have a lot to water.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have started on the re-landscaping of the front yard. Firmly in the breaking-the-eggs portion of making the omlet. Can't turn back now! Will poast some progress pics when more progress has been made.

So far has mostly been more demo work, some remaining plants/stumps, ripped out concrete walkway with the mini-ex. Had to break it up into smaller peices by hand with a sledge so I can take it to the recyler tomorrow. Trenched and ran irrigation line and connected two new yard hydrants.

This week will excavate and start working on the small pond. Of course the city is resurfacing the street in front of my house this week so that will probably delay me because I won't be able to get materials delivered (rocks, topsoil, gravels, etc.)

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are good reasons to hand water at some times and places. Plus it gives you a reason to check up more closely on things.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Depends on the other party? If spouse, check with your state.

CA state by default is community property for spouse.

If you end up titling under a living trust then it should also default to community property whereby the surviving spouse receives a step-up in basis for estate planning purposes.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Anyone have any particularly strong feelings on Joint Tenants vs community property?

My wife is a real estate attorney and thus has very strong opinions on this, but I don't care enough to listen.

In seriousness though, I believe joint tenants is better because the dying spouse's share transfers to the surviving spouse automatically vs to the estate (which will most likely pass to the spouse anyway).

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Depends on the other party? If spouse, check with your state.

CA state by default is community property for spouse.

If you end up titling under a living trust then it should also default to community property whereby the surviving spouse receives a step-up in basis for estate planning purposes.
Spouse, CA

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Then you have your answer I think barring something we're not privy too

@brokencycle is right in the survivorship sense, but joint tenancy does not have the tax advantage of a community property title. Or just create a living trust and fund it i.e., go to the county and re-register the home title in the trust's name. The estate planning attorney can help you with the funding coupled with home deed for a nominal fee, too, on top of the cost of writing your living trust.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Part of me wants to reinforce (it can be done)...terminate the joists where "the wall ends" and have this room with a super high ceiling (half of the room roughly), put a landing up there with a table and a huge chandelier.

I would insulate and drywall it.

Thoughts? Would be a **** ton of work, but would definitely be interesting.
Building it out in some way was my first thought. I hate seeing dead space like that.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blahblah1776