• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Installed a new faucet yesterday which involved removing the P-Trap. Was it Booth who paid a couple hundred to have someone fix his?

It may be me that mentioned having a plumber give an estimate for fixing/replacing a disposal and leaky p-trap. The estimate was 700-1300 for the disposal and they'd throw in the p-trap. I ultimately fixed both myself for free.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet this place is humid as f*ck, but it's damn nice.

You are right about it being humid. I would prefer something like this with Los Angeles weather. I love the non-city nature vibe.

Bric3d

Reaction score
I bet this place is humid as f*ck, but it's damn nice.
Looks great but I can't look at a room below a swimming pool without thinking about how much of a pain leaks are with these.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulling down all my original plaster ceilings. Too many cracks and fissures, doubtful that a skim would stand the test of time. It's okay, this allows me to run recessed lighting in the living room.

The ceilings were never painted, 100 year old plaster. It's just crumbling with the paper coming off. Best to get it done right.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second dumpster is full. Third coming. Master bed demo done. Bathroom tomorrow. Luckily I have a helper tomorrow.

We pulled a good amount of the old BX wiring and replaced with modern romex. Man I love working on the lighting arrangements. Every bulb is going to phillips hue, color and edisons. My bulb count pretty much maxes out the system I ******* love it.

Buying a house has been the best thing for me. It's tamed me and made my creative juices flow again.

Saved piles of lathe to turn into (hopefully) a kitchen table and coffee table. Butcherblock style.

The house behind me, half the size with no basement and half the yard just sold for more than I paid for my place. I literally have the biggest house in the neighborhood, and I'm going to put my work into it to make it the nicest.

Man, I feel like this thread has become my home diary 🤣

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, now, approximately 65% of my first floor will now have exterior insulation, which will be nice. Old homes man. But I have limits, and I like plaster walls, where I can save them.

Restoration is tough, I see why "investors" just gut everything and put LVP and new trim. It's tough managing the dust, making partitions/seals, covering everything in paper and cardboard.

My sis (interior architect) is helping me design a balling master bath. I'm pulling all the walls on the 2nd floor to expand the half to a full bath. Master bath will have a tub for three and a shower. Bashing out most of the linen closet to make the bath larger.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread when a Van Veen is starting up.

IMG_8167.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrooklynBob