• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will you rent out that space for quinceneras and bar mitzvahs

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guess I missed all the induction cooktops in Japan.

All the Kyoto/Osaka Michelin Kaiseki seem to still be using charcoal at times, and are cooking in clay.

I love how the induction articles always bring up boiling water. I def have an induction tea kettle for water, but the centering of boiling water is hilarious.
Almost none of the people making these purchasing decisions are actually serious cooks, so telling them they transfer more heat for superior Maillard reaction doesn't click for them. Boiling water is tedious and time-consuming. SHOWING them that the water boils in less than two minutes is a party trick which closes the deal.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost none of the people making these purchasing decisions are actually serious cooks, so telling them they transfer more heat for superior Maillard reaction doesn't click for them. Boiling water is tedious and time-consuming. SHOWING them that the water boils in less than two minutes is a party trick which closes the deal.
It would work for me. I dislike cooking, so I don't give a crap about most of the points serious cooks argue about, but my wife and daughter like pasta, so boiling water is relevant. Especially since, as I've complained here before, my stove takes about 40 minutes to get a pot of water to 211.9 degrees, which is where it maxes out. It is a constant source of irritation to never get a decent rolling boil.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would work for me. I dislike cooking, so I don't give a crap about most of the points serious cooks argue about, but my wife and daughter like pasta, so boiling water is relevant. Especially since, as I've complained here before, my stove takes about 40 minutes to get a pot of water to 211.9 degrees, which is where it maxes out. It is a constant source of irritation to never get a decent rolling boil.
Is there a way to change that? My wife and I do a lot of cooking so this would be quite irritating.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This speeds up cooking even more. And the ‘baller’ version with co2 is a very nice convenience. To save money, there are plenty of conversion kits to attach regular co2 bottles.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porcelain I think. It's below the street grade so water resistance is a concern.
This is a new build, right? I'm surprised to see the receptacles in the baseboards, only a few inches off the floor, especially given the info above. Around here I think receptacles need to be 16" off the floor.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's an odd space.

Rendering of the new stairs in Mexico. Colour of the concrete walls and ceiling is wrong (it will be darker) and the furniture is too Japandi. My stuff is more brutalist.

4e10d2c4-dfcb-4958-9a6e-da25c86ee8af.jpg

And I just bought another place to be my true concrete and stone brutalist bunker.

IMG_0057.JPG

lefty

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sure the staff will find a solution
Why use staff when kids are a much cheaper solution.

I remember my mother getting really angry when my stepfather shanghai’d me into changing a lightbulb in the chandelier above the staircase. Which was a good 6 meters above a marble floor. He didn’t want to wait until the handyman came round again.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly stated by someone with no kids
My son turns one year old coming Wednesday. Although his fine motor skills are already impressive for his age, he still struggles with relatively simple instructions like ‘don’t throw your food if you don’t like it’. It’s going to take a while before he can start offsetting the losses his existence causes to this household.

/foo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads