• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T
Yes, it’s a John Deere 220SL reel mower that golf courses use to maintain greens and tee boxes. My lawn is at fairway height of 0.5”.
This might be the most SF approved post ever!

Lawn looks great

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That reddish cast to the concrete in other areas of the country always throws me off.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That reddish cast to the concrete in other areas of the country always throws me off.
I always associate that with the rural South. Where else do they use it?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not exactly sure, but I feel like I’ve seen it quite a few places. I also make that association, but not sure if it’s accurate!

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It must be the sand and gravel. I'm not sure how common it is in other areas but in South Louisiana the fact that it has been delta for millions of years meant there was no local gravel so the concrete and asphalt was mixed small clam shell dredged out of estuaries. Not sure if they still do that or not.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It must be the sand and gravel. I'm not sure how common it is in other areas but in South Louisiana the fact that it has been delta for millions of years meant there was no local gravel so the concrete and asphalt was mixed small clam shell dredged out of estuaries. Not sure if they still do that or not.
I've seen crushed oyster shells in concrete around the Chesapeake. Always interesting to see.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen crushed oyster shells in concrete around the Chesapeake. Always interesting to see.
You gotta remember this is ancient history but rural restaurants that served oysters would just dump the shells to form parking areas

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You gotta remember this is ancient history but rural restaurants that served oysters would just dump the shells to form parking areas
tumblr_22e988bb396ee5e409da1153c02cae3d_02525ed4_400.gif

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen some of those. Not fun to walk on...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Kimmeridgian limestone, which is full of shells, grows fantastic Chard in Burgundy.

sftiger

Reaction score
I am so confused and have never seen this in my life. I thought maybe it was dirt that had blown onto the street. There are places in the US that have reddish tan concrete roads?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
concrete is cement , sand and aggregate ... it costs a lot to truck sand and rock around .

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gundog_millionaire