• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Join
Erm, bad math. If the house that is 25% smaller, unfinished backyard, etc. can sell for 4.5 times our purchase price it would be reasonable to assume we're looking at 6-8 times.

But I'm still not calling a lawyer. :(
Not bad math. The lawyer you are not calling would take at least 1-2x out of that

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weekend project. Three thousand pounds of Mexican beach pebbles. Making a dry creek bed in the yard. My back is going to hate me.

IMG_20220524_103118554_HDR.jpg

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weekend project. Three thousand pounds of Mexican beach pebbles. Making a dry creek bed in the yard. My back is going to hate me.

View attachment 1795426
Mexican ‘beach pebbles’

Looks like you got the final shipment

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is all starting to look like a trend …

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol I snuck in just in time. Thanks for paying me two grand to refi, Better Mortgage. The company imploded like two weeks after I refi'd.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It looks like the drop off is almost exclusively from refis which makes sense. What I have never understood is how those places make money.
1. Why does Wells Fargo advertise rate x, and yet random mortgage broker sells me a mortgage at rate x - 75bp which Wells Fargo then buys a week after closing
2. Why is Wells Fargo or whoever buying up all these low interest rate mortgages from brokers in the first place? I understand they need mortgages, but collecting 3%/yr is near inflation level (or it was). That just doesn't seem like an attractive business.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
They make their money on volume.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe the cost to close mortgages is more than that 75pb/mortgage for WF so they buy them after they close by other brokers.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the drop off is almost exclusively from refis which makes sense. What I have never understood is how those places make money.
1. Why does Wells Fargo advertise rate x, and yet random mortgage broker sells me a mortgage at rate x - 75bp which Wells Fargo then buys a week after closing
2. Why is Wells Fargo or whoever buying up all these low interest rate mortgages from brokers in the first place? I understand they need mortgages, but collecting 3%/yr is near inflation level (or it was). That just doesn't seem like an attractive business.
How Pyramid Schemes Work.jpg

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WF also specifically sucks (at least in So Cal).
I originated through a non bank lender at 3.675% in 2017, who sold through until in landed at Chase.

Refinanced directly with Chase in 2020 and they gave me 2.625%. They charged me like $800, but that was like....1 months interest savings.

WF wasn't offering anything attractive.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyapemberton