• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that there are currently more hotel rooms in Nashville than actual homes/apartments
We’ve gotten quite a few new hotels in the past couple years so not surprised. The Woo Girls have to stay somewhere when they come for the bachelorette parties

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First Dutch iris of the year, plus freshly planted Japanese forest grass and hosta.

Pay no attention to the weeds. Just popped up this week with the rain and I sprayed 'em today.

IMG_20220514_161411528.jpg

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Dutch iris of the year, plus freshly planted Japanese forest grass and hosta.

Pay no attention to the weeds. Just popped up this week with the rain and I sprayed 'em today.

View attachment 1791822
Now that you pointed out the weeds, they are all i can focus on.

Truly beautiful flower though, how many more are you expecting?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that you pointed out the weeds, they are all i can focus on.

Truly beautiful flower though, how many more are you expecting?
There's about 20 of them total, two different varieties. Monet and Picasso. They haven't really spread yet, this is the second year I think.

Last time I posted somebody made fun of my (awful) lawn, I gotta get ahead of it :-D

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we have a strip of native annuals out front in the median , the first flower came up a couple days ago it was a bachelor button ... i watched my elderly neighbor admiring it and then she reached down and snapped it off and took it with her smh

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we have a strip of native annuals out front in the median , the first flower came up a couple days ago it was a bachelor button ... i watched my elderly neighbor admiring it and then she reached down and snapped it off and took it with her smh
Boomers….

Should be required to sell her house.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's purple/pink flower week! I swear I planned this (I didn't plan this)!

Autumn twist azaleas. Pretty sure these little guys are trying to make up for the deer-eaten older brothers out front, which don't bear photographing. Itoh peonies in the back, look to be flowering any day now.
IMG_20220514_172454600.jpg

Globemaster onion and a rhododendron just starting to open up.

IMG_20220514_184146600.jpg

Terrestrial orchids. Native to the US as it turns out.

IMG_20220514_184157364.jpg

The clematis have gone nuts in the last day or two.

IMG_20220514_122912721.jpg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a minor to do list around the house and one was to cut back some various vines that are growing up some trees and choking them out. What I thought was going to be an easy project turned into a bunch of bushwhacking and cursing trying to pull out vine that had twisted itself around branches over 3-4 trees.

I managed to get most of it cleaned up except some strands of vine 20+ft up and high enough that would die after while. I am glad that is over with but should have done it in the cooler spring time temps.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telleqrnally