• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on this: heard from the sellers, over 120 offers over the past week. 'new' asking is 20% over what they originally wanted (for a house where the last two owners died in it, one by suicide- though the suicide is out of the public disclosure range).
So instead of accepting an offer they just raised the price or ? Are they asking for people to resubmit offers?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on this: heard from the sellers, over 120 offers over the past week. 'new' asking is 20% over what they originally wanted (for a house where the last two owners died in it, one by suicide- though the suicide is out of the public disclosure range).
Sorry I was the harbinger of bad news

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's a pretty bad underprice. like you want 5-10 bids to sort through, not 120. jesus.

can't blame them for throwing up their hands and increasing the asking price.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't know if any of your guys follow him, but one of the Bloomberg reporters, Steven Dennis, does a 'Friday Night Zillow' thread every week where he posts about wild/interesting new houses that are up for sale (from New York to obscure places in Montana for OTC)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you get deets on the suicide? I think that it makes a difference if the suicide was by, let’s say pills as opposed to by shotgun

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you get deets on the suicide? I think that it makes a difference if the suicide was by, let’s say pills as opposed to by shotgun
I do (since I know the area), but it's not published (in Cali you only have to publish deaths < 3 years) so I don't think many of the offers knew.

Accidental suicide by sexual asphyxiation is even better.
sadly a different way of asphyxiation

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course they raised the price- it's a house so wonderful the previous owners wanted to spend the rest of their lives there!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if any of your guys follow him, but one of the Bloomberg reporters, Steven Dennis, does a 'Friday Night Zillow' thread every week where he posts about wild/interesting new houses that are up for sale (from New York to obscure places in Montana for OTC)
Second one was just really nice. I'd take that.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fenr1r