• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t imagine getting out of bed if my day’s activities were going be devoted to living in Hotlanta.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mrs. is starting to get energy around doing a new build from scratch in Atlanta. Time it for completion in Spring '23 and move over in the Summer. I am thinking that that will be a lot of project management work for a certain someone who is not notoriously fond of any kind of work? Perhaps this is in fact part of her cunning plan?

Are you bitching about your wife building you a new house?
I don't know whether I should feel grateful or remorseful that I have no idea how you get sex talk out of that.
Everything is sex jargon if you are kinky enough

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mrs. is starting to get energy around doing a new build from scratch in Atlanta. Time it for completion in Spring '23 and move over in the Summer. I am thinking that that will be a lot of project management work for a certain someone who is not notoriously fond of any kind of work? Perhaps this is in fact part of her cunning plan?
I’ll take the job.

Seriously though the inlaws high end remodel is on month 16 and they had to change appliance choices because of supply chain issues and damages of product. They’ve had 4 subs never come back. And they are basically living through it and used the general contractor to build a house like 2 years ago. No problems then but all sorts of problems now. Finish date was supposed to be August and now they are saying maybe May. No way I am remodeling anything (unless I do it) for a few years.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a coworker whose husband is an executive at Waste Management. They're rich as **** and she started doing a new build from scratch in Colorado. They bought some land and a rented a bull dozer/tractor to start clearing debris and trees. After a year of working on that ****, they gave up since it was too much work.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some people could use some manufactured housing. The good news for @Omega Male is that Georgia is 98% manufactured housing so you would fit right in and you would only have to help the big rig back in to your rented lot.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well at long last we closed on our home sale w the second buyer. Went to the closing and met her (would not), she was super excited to have the house. My realtor looked happy to be done with the whole affair as was I.

Key learning is dO yOuR ReSearCh! And maybe buy an appraisal upfront.

We calculated our own price estimate and felt the first two agents did not recognize the value of our particular house, despite knowing the neighborhood well. They barely paid lip service as to how we came up w the price, yet could not argue against it only to say, they don't think that is possible (both cited a "ceiling").

The third agent we met, came back with a figure even higher than we did, confidence she could sell it quickly, and had the (more recent) comps to back it up. We went with them.

We closed at 3% over ask w/ buyer paying most closing transaction costs and $0 back to buyer and no inspection repairs.

this was ~33% over agent 1's suggested list price, in a market where bidding wars are still rarely much above asking.

Despite the hassles I am glad we stuck by agent 3, it all worked out in the end.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A trespasser stopped by the house and took a snooze today. Decided to let him off w a warning.

20211030_095112.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well at long last we closed on our home sale w the second buyer. Went to the closing and met her (would not), she was super excited to have the house. My realtor looked happy to be done with the whole affair as was I.

Key learning is dO yOuR ReSearCh! And maybe buy an appraisal upfront.

We calculated our own price estimate and felt the first two agents did not recognize the value of our particular house, despite knowing the neighborhood well. They barely paid lip service as to how we came up w the price, yet could not argue against it only to say, they don't think that is possible (both cited a "ceiling").

The third agent we met, came back with a figure even higher than we did, confidence she could sell it quickly, and had the (more recent) comps to back it up. We went with them.

We closed at 3% over ask w/ buyer paying most closing transaction costs and $0 back to buyer and no inspection repairs.

this was ~33% over agent 1's suggested list price, in a market where bidding wars are still rarely much above asking.

Despite the hassles I am glad we stuck by agent 3, it all worked out in the end.
Further evidence to the value of your average realtor...

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love the NIMBYism on my neighborhood Facebook group.

House listed as "for investors only," listing describes being careful when viewing due to soft floors, roof is tarped off in places, listed for MUCH lower than a normal house in this neighborhood, on a main street...

"I really hope it's sold to a family and they don't tear it down!"

IT'S A GENERIC 1950s TRACT HOME GET OVER IT!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads