• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Not looking in anywhere close to this price range, but not all that far (geographically) from a house we actually are interested in. Raising the question of who wants to live like this and for fuck sake why? What kind of internal narrative is running as you ponce through your podunk Petit Trianon?

"Call me a failure?!?! ME?!?! I'LL SHOW EVERY ONE OF YOU TRAILER TRASH [email protected]! I'M BETTER THAN YOU COUOD EVER DREAM OF BEIN BETTER THEN!"

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Noticing that the earth tones and colors that were popular 15-20 years ago are now described as "dark and dingy."

10 years from now the "clean and bright" all-white/gray flips will be "cold and stark." We'll be back to yellowish off-whites and creams, which are "warm and inviting."

Really makes you appreciate the talent of great design when you see something like that Yamasaki house that has some dated elements that still look great because they are put in the right context.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any kind of house project is stressful. Consolidate when possible to avoid future disruptions and mess, if practical.
Also very likely dealing with lead paint here, plus lath and plaster walls that are probably in bad shape. Wallpaper was a cheap way to cover up deteriorating plaster.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is 100% lead paint. this is in Baltimore after all. I just don't know what to do. I am afraid that just painting it again is going to look terrible. I have a place I can stay during any work so no problems there.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A large fork from my neighbor's tree that I originally thought was mine fell. Luckily it landed in their yard. Kinda hoping when they have it taken care of they get the part that's sagging low into my yard.

It was forked around a pine tree, pushing it over slightly. The pine won the battle.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
there is 100% lead paint. this is in Baltimore after all. I just don't know what to do. I am afraid that just painting it again is going to look terrible. I have a place I can stay during any work so no problems there.
If it's lead paint, and you're in an old city that has no doubt had problems with it, odds are very high you're going to have to hire a licensed abatement contractor.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need a new washer dryer. I can go gas or electric. Does anyone have experience with a heat pump dryer? I actually do care about energy usage as I'm a bleeding heart tree hugger.

Also, Miele and Bosch seem to be the best, but they are a little smaller. Has anyone used the smaller size and been OK washing a king-sized comforter?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A large fork from my neighbor's tree that I originally thought was mine fell. Luckily it landed in their yard. Kinda hoping when they have it taken care of they get the part that's sagging low into my yard.

It was forked around a pine tree, pushing it over slightly. The pine won the battle.
I read this as a literal fork fell from the tree

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kinda hoping when they have it taken care of they get the part that's sagging low into my yard.
I also have a part that’s sagging low if you’re interested in taking care of that too…

stro

Reaction score
Need a new washer dryer. I can go gas or electric. Does anyone have experience with a heat pump dryer? I actually do care about energy usage as I'm a bleeding heart tree hugger.

Also, Miele and Bosch seem to be the best, but they are a little smaller. Has anyone used the smaller size and been OK washing a king-sized comforter?
just took delivery of a miele t1 and w1. installing this weekend hopefully. had a bosch 300 series before. that was fine. heat pump dryers do, or at least that bosch did, take a long time for towel loads. but they get it done, and it wasn't really something we minded. we only have a queen sized comforter but that fit just fine in the bosch. our only real complaint about that thing was that touch screen controls suck.

i don't remember the model numbers we got specifically but a recurring theme i saw was if you do the miele thing, get a w1 that spins at 1600 rpm which effectively improves the dryer's performance.

i was pretty happy with the heat pump approach before and i assume will be happy with this set.

manuelsalchicha

Reaction score
Hi there! I have some questions about the security system for the house. If someone can answer them, I will be extremely grateful. I searched the ajax website for the sale of cameras, and found that the security cameras are not manufactured by this company. Only motioncam, which also works well, but that's not what I need. I've been using this security system for a couple of months, bought a starter kit, and I'm not sure if I can connect the cameras to the mobile app. Do you know anything about this?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.