• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Our house is worth about double what we paid for it back in 2012 plus improvements. YMMV.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The more the estimate goes up, the more ambitious my patio plans get. this is stupid because equity is not actually cash.
Yup, remember that's all "dead" money.

I need to go apply for an interest only mortgage...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our house is worth about double what we paid for it back in 2012 plus improvements. YMMV.
I'm doing it wrong then. My house is only up like 10% since I bought it back in 2013. How the hell am I suppose to triple leverage my equity with only 10% gains in 8 years? I'll never get Piob tendies with such meager gainz.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, but you'll never have a craven bitch stalking you, so there's that.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and since I haven't complained about stupid shit in a while...

I printed out our inspection report and started checking off the things we've done (more than I thought!), x-ing out things that are not necessary, etc. because it feels good to check things off a list.

I saw something I thought was easy. Garbage disposal wiring needs a strain relief connector. $0.47 part and what should be 5 or 10 minutes of work. Yeah, that's 5 minutes (or less) if you do it before you install the damn thing so you can see what you're doing. Took me at least a half hour. Got it done, though.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and since I haven't complained about stupid shit in a while...

I printed out our inspection report and started checking off the things we've done (more than I thought!), x-ing out things that are not necessary, etc. because it feels good to check things off a list.

I saw something I thought was easy. Garbage disposal wiring needs a strain relief connector. $0.47 part and what should be 5 or 10 minutes of work. Yeah, that's 5 minutes (or less) if you do it before you install the damn thing so you can see what you're doing. Took me at least a half hour. Got it done, though.
I once installed a garbage disposal and neglected to remove the plug where the dishwasher drain hose connects. That was a costly mistake...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our current house is up more than our previous house but once they are done with their huge remodel it will be more than ours. I sometimes miss that house but the small annoyances added up and glad we moved

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey @Van Veen, turns out, neither of us are that bad off

Oh lord. I watched a few and they are all awful.

I especially loved these two:

- The one where she is trying to respond to the people saying that she would have been better off hiring a pro for $6500. Yeah, maybe you haven't spent that much on materials YET, but A) you aren't done yet. B) You've spent an inordinate amount of time already. and C) your bathroom is going to be shit-quality in the end.

- The one where she fights back against the people telling her not to paint the sinks by showing that the box of the consumer-grade refinishing kit has the word "sink" on it. Nope. Its gonna be shit. My landlord had a professional come in and do the shower tiles/tub with nasty pro chemicals and even that's not really very nice. The first time she accidentally drops something in the sink, she's going to chip her poorly applied consumer coating and accelerate the inevitable peeling process.

It seems like she's stripped repainted the counter/sinks at least 3 times at this point. How much does a new laminate countertop and some generic sinks cost?
Christ, you can get a brand new double sink vanity with a synthetic stone top for like $500 if you aren't that picky.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.