• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Bloomberg podcast on the cause of this was interesting. Basically, fears from the Financial Crisis still around mixed with uncertainty last year had people getting behind to demand and not being able to catch up. More detailed than this but wild.

Also, I didn't know most US wood is not good for building houses, we get it from Canada and that it takes 80 years to regrow.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Copper wire has also more than doubled in cost, and it's become hard to find plastic electrical boxes. Apparently a lot of raw PVC pellets come from a plant in Texas.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll start. Locksmiths: WTF, locksmiths? $2 grand to re-key my house and add some deadbolts? :fu:
You sound just like my significant other. He's determined that he can change the lock between the house and garage. I'm just thankful no plumbing is involved.

kasper007

Reaction score
Copper wire has also more than doubled in cost, and it's become hard to find plastic electrical boxes. Apparently a lot of raw PVC pellets come from a plant in Texas.
We bought a cottage recently and the owner's son took the heat pump to heat his pool....
He cleanly cut all the lines so I thought we would able to reuse them. Unfortunately the HVAC guys came by to do a pre-install check and the lines have oxidized so we need to change them. It's a relatively long way from the compressor to the furnace. I was SHOCKED by the increase in price for some stupid copper pipes, it's really surreal.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sound just like my significant other. He's determined that he can change the lock between the house and garage. I'm just thankful no plumbing is involved.
Changing the lock is like 5 total screws...I will gladly come take a look for 1500

• Haha
Reactions: RSS

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reinforces to never post pictures of home interior on StyFo.
I don't know:
True courage and honesty never go out of style, more interesting than just more of the same old sheep-avior imo.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He quoted the first post in this thread from 2012...

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never presume to speak for lefty, but...

...speaking for myownself only....

:wink:

View attachment 1606305

Edit: all this meant in pure fun and light jest @flipstah.
Love the bicycles.👍
Haha all good! I'm still in transition since the floors just got installed so things are hastily moved or not hung yet!

I like to keep things in mystery but I'll see if I can answer most of the '?":

-Spare license plate
- It's a Ferrari F40
- Office mic and lamp so I don't get eye strain
- Picture frames I haven't hung yet
- Cushions
- Wood table
- Hookah

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would never presume to speak for lefty, but...

...speaking for myownself only....

:wink:

View attachment 1606305

Edit: all this meant in pure fun and light jest @flipstah.
Love the bicycles.👍
Only a single screen for his computer. What kind of plebe shit is that? Either use a dual screen setup or get one of those giant curved screens.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2x only is relatively "good". Steel is up 5x + lately!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.