• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrong one.
Has she completed her transition? What is it like having two dad's now?

And if it is the third one well, fair enough.

Last edited:

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they should get a street artist to paint a balcony scene. actually could be kind of cool. or put like creepy clown statues up there. lots of halloween potential here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Deck progress has halted. The contractor awaits a yet-to-be-defined "something" from the engineer in order to schedule the next inspection. I, however, have already taken a call out on the deck.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I noticed the furnace not igniting so I had somebody out to look at it this morning. It appears that my 35-year-old furnace, which was already a bit too small for our house, is on its last legs. We had to have the pressure switch adjusted each winter over the past couple of years and then today the blower motor wasn't working properly and the gas valve is shot. He was able to get it fired up by literally pounding on the valve but I guess it's time to finally replace it all and do the AC unit (that was installed in 1981) at the same time. Oh well, they've had a good run! At least whatever we replace it with is bound to be much more efficient.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I noticed the furnace not igniting so I had somebody out to look at it this morning. It appears that my 35-year-old furnace, which was already a bit too small for our house, is on its last legs. We had to have the pressure switch adjusted each winter over the past couple of years and then today the blower motor wasn't working properly and the gas valve is shot. He was able to get it fired up by literally pounding on the valve but I guess it's time to finally replace it all and do the AC unit (that was installed in 1981) at the same time. Oh well, they've had a good run! At least whatever we replace it with is bound to be much more efficient.
1981? Per a random internet source, the average efficiency of an AC in the 80s was 8-9 SEER. The minimum efficiency today is 13 SEER, so you're looking at 33-40% energy savings. On the furnace side you're probably looking at a 20%+ energy savings.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1981? Per a random internet source, the average efficiency of an AC in the 80s was 8-9 SEER. The minimum efficiency today is 13 SEER, so you're looking at 33-40% energy savings. On the furnace side you're probably looking at a 20%+ energy savings.
Those figures are close to what the HVAC guy quoted off the top of his head when I mentioned the likely improved efficiency.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Gorilla Cart is my best purchase of the year so far. If you're a self-landscaper, it is well worth it.
I have Gorilla Carts for pulling stuff around the horse property that I can't or don't want to use the lawn tractor or 'real' tractor for--mainly horse feed, salt blocks, etc. They really are great.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a bit of shuffling n moving on my street the past few months, the upshot is several dogs who lived between me and creek are now gone, and so are their chuds n barking etc. but the deer are emboldened and now trying to move into my backyard

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.