• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I live in San Francisco, what's weird about this?

Case in point:

Have you ever wanted to do palm readings in your house? Possibly teach divination?

I can just about see this place from my house.

There is no way that attic space, accessible by an attic ladder, can be coded as a bedroom....
Yeah no. Can't have a pull down stairs, has to have a closet and a window that can be an emergency exit.

I'm pretty sure there are bare rafters and the underside of the roof under all that fabric.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
When your whole house is a fungeon:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We looked at a house with a single guy who drove a hummer. Just as disgusting but 2.5x the price...

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Herringbone/Chevron pattern too trendy for floor pattern? It looks great now but at one point in time, so did 'parquet and cocaine'.

View attachment 1594517

View attachment 1594518
We did a herringbone in black. Considering the ceilings are 3m and we prefer the rest white it seemed like a good idea. Very happy how it turned out, especially with the banding on the side. But....the little one in the picture does bring back a lot of sand, which is quickly visible in this color scheme.
5DA8E0C7-C28B-4D52-ABEE-A1B834286465.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We did a herringbone in black. Considering the ceilings are 3m and we prefer the rest white it seemed like a good idea. Very happy how it turned out, especially with the banding on the side. But....the little one in the picture does bring back a lot of sand, which is quickly visible in this color scheme.
View attachment 1595175
The obvious solution is to give away the pup... :)

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The obvious solution is to give away the pup... :)
Contrary to popular belief, Europeans can have guns. And this one will shoot anyone trying to take him away. Love the little guy.

The issue at hand for us is that we need a new couch. Bigger so that all three of us right now, and in the future perhaps more can lie down on it. The wife wants fabric, I’m advocating leather. Main reason being cleaning, but also because it would match up with the rest of the chairs. Tricky part is that we have the black eames and green leather dining chairs. Black would be too much on this floor, green to match up with the chairs would become huge visually, and brown or burgundy? Errrrr. Unless either one of us has a eureka moment it’s going to be a tough one to figure out.

But it’ll have to wait anyway until the shops open up again.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This makes me hibbidelty.

1618686207845.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally done with landscaping. Took a month for Home Depot to get pine straw in and I got shorted 25 bales as they sold out of 20K bales in Nashville in 3 days. Turns out I only need roughly 90 bales and not the 225 my lawn guys told me or the 100+ some other guys estimated. If I put down another 25 I could jump off the roof into a fluffy pile all around the house.

Also landscape lighting is great and we may add more in another year after we do a few things around the property.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally done with landscaping. Took a month for Home Depot to get pine straw in and I got shorted 25 bales as they sold out of 20K bales in Nashville in 3 days. Turns out I only need roughly 90 bales and not the 225 my lawn guys told me or the 100+ some other guys estimated. If I put down another 25 I could jump off the roof into a fluffy pile all around the house.

Also landscape lighting is great and we may add more in another year after we do a few things around the property.
I know I stated this before, but it baffles me that people pay for pine straw. We probably raked and got rid of 20+ bales in the fall.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.