• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My condo flooded the past week from the unit above and just waiting for the flooring people to make an assessment. Right now it's tile in the kitchen and formerly laminate in the living room and bedroom.

I foresee keeping this unit as a rental if I go bigger so should I do laminate again; luxury vinyl but cover the tile so it's a seamless unit (the tile is okay); go HAM and hardwood the unit and keep the tile?

Insurance covers it.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you all have landscapers in your area who are insistent on making those mulch mounds (like volcanos) around your trees? am I the only who finds it a bit unseemly and cuts down on the aesthetic of the tree, in addition, I believe I read that it is deleterious to arbor health too.

mulch retains and releases water, tempers the soil, encourages worms and mycorrhizae etc. keeps weeds off of your trees toes. it's a really good idea here.

what i avoid is mulching all the way up to the bole as can encourage varmints to have at the bark

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried self landscaping once. Well to be accurate my asshole buddy convinced me he and I could do it. I have this tree that I painstakingly keep in a perfect cone shape. Well we tried to maintain it and when we were done the tree looked like a coronavirus. Took 1.5 years before our landscapers could get it back to a cone again

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Landscaping business has gone insane since the pandemic started. My dad's company is booked most of the way into the summer already, especially for hardscaping. Their revenue is up 50% from pre-pandemic. Everyone is spending more time outside, and they want a nice outdoor area.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried self manscaping once. Well to be accurate my asshole buddy convinced me he and I could do it...

I thought this post was going to go in a completely different direction.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait a minute...who would do your manscaping if you’re not a self-manscaper??

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My condo flooded the past week from the unit above and just waiting for the flooring people to make an assessment. Right now it's tile in the kitchen and formerly laminate in the living room and bedroom.

I foresee keeping this unit as a rental if I go bigger so should I do laminate again; luxury vinyl but cover the tile so it's a seamless unit (the tile is okay); go HAM and hardwood the unit and keep the tile?

Insurance covers it.
Having experienced both laminate and hardwood as a renter, I would probably go with the lowest maintenance option (LVT).

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So she wants to cancel them?

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having experienced both laminate and hardwood as a renter, I would probably go with the lowest maintenance option (LVT).

What do you put on the concrete subfloor so that it's level with the tiled kitchen so I can put LVT without ripping off the tile? Or is a must-do?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads