• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The holidays are (soon)

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to purchase some jeans. Possibly low-rise, w/ a straight fit, maybe a slight bootcut. I started looking at Cheap Monday, but heard they are are cheap and well, aren't low rise.

Any other ideas for some raw jeans that are unheard of for around $100 or less?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo, hardly anyone has heard of them overhere. Have someone in NY or Japan send you some of their Dress up Denim, Slim, Lowrise, Raw Indigo jeans, I bought a pair that were straight slim (true straight no taper) for about $40 this last August, Cept mine were Indigo but not raw, they had a little distressing on them, very little, Their purely raw ones looked too much like black Jeans which I didnt dig so much.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really dislike buying jeans without first trying them on. I guess I could get exact measurements tho..hm

Largo

Reaction score
I think Crate makes a raw jean for about 130-ish or so. Seems people here are pretty happy with them, iirc.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already have a pair of Crate denim. Want something else
smile.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can try to find uniqlos... not sure if they still make raw selvage though?

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I really care if I get selvage or not..to stay on the cheap I might get a pair of APC..but I'd like something more interesting I guess.

Also, does anyone know of boutiques in Michigan? Ann Arbor maybe or the surrounding area (detroit suburbs) that have streerwear?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about Johnbull? $150 tho for the non selvage, not quite the $100 you're looking for. Still... :p

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
I don't know if I really care if I get selvage or not..to stay on the cheap I might get a pair of APC..but I'd like something more interesting I guess.

Also, does anyone know of boutiques in Michigan? Ann Arbor maybe or the surrounding area (detroit suburbs) that have streerwear?

APC NS would be the obvious choice, and I personally don't think they're particularly boring, especially since you will get the chance to see how they fade and its different for everyone.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to make a new thread, but I guess I'll mention it in here... I am looking for a Uniqlo jacket, wondering if anyone can get one for me? I don't know if it's @ the NY store, and I'd need exact measurements for the shoulder width + chest, but:
i09.jpg

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well if push came to shove and you wanted it bad enough, I could get my girlfriend to buy/send you the jacket from Tokyo, but shipping would be a bit.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
You can try to find uniqlos... not sure if they still make raw selvage though?

There is no raw Selvage in the United States, only non selvage one wash. It's cheap too. Sorry, I don't offer services.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
There is no raw Selvage in the United States, only non selvage one wash. It's cheap too. Sorry, I don't offer services.

Yeah, I meant getting it from Japan. I am quite fond of my greenline raw selvage uniqlos.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Yeah, I meant getting it from Japan. I am quite fond of my greenline raw selvage uniqlos.
Same here, but they aren't slim or low-rise. The "dress up denim" sounds similar to my Ring Denim pair (I think LA Guy and someone else also have a pair) and I'd be interested to find out about getting more of those... I assume that eventually both my remaining pairs of Uqs will wear out. It's going to be a while though, they are tough.

dondenim

Reaction score
what is BIG website? I want to take a look at it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads