1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hill-Side

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

I still have one plum large handkerchief and one black large handkerchief if anyone is still looking. Just drop me a PM.

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Chambray or not, a non-wool, non-acrylic scarf option is nice for those of us who tend to overheat (even in Chicago winters!).

cotton scarves are fairly ubiquitous aren't they

3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I was thinking of getting a matching tie/pocket square set to go with my KMW khaki blazer I have, either in red, both indigo, or indigo and the indigo/white stripe. Don't know that I'd ever wear them with anything else, though, so maybe it wouldn't really be worth it.
    I vote contrast. Matching looks too staged, regardless of the fabric. The hickory stripe and indigo stripe ties/pocket squares are really nice and would look great with that color blazer.

BTW, if you ever want to post pics of your blazer in the KMW thread, or in WAYWT, I'd be psyched to see them. Looks like an awesome piece that few people have jumped on.

cotton scarves are fairly ubiquitous aren't they
    This. So odd to me that people are flipping about cotton scarves. 45rpm, PBJ and numerous other brands loved on SF (and in the world) make gorgeous variations on them. And chambray's been a classic fabric since well before the workwear/selvedge trend blew up. That doesn't mean you have to like it...

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

Razele- I'd be interested in seeing a WAYWT from you. You're quickly becoming the new jet, but with less buying power.
    Good point. I don't have an opinion until I post a fit. Hill Side is my favourite brand to rag on.

5. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

Btw, i like how they look.

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

Good point.

I don't have an opinion until I post a fit.

Hill Side is my favourite brand to rag on.

lulz. No, what I'm wondering is if you have any style do go with all those pretty clothes you buy. Opinions are a dime a dozen.

7. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I like the scarves and I carry the red pocket square with me all the time...it came in handy this summer when it was hot out. I have a great cashmere scarf for when it is really cold out but sometime I could use something lighter weight...not sure if this is the ticket or not but I think I'm going to have to stop by Context and at least check them out. The black one looks cool. They seem to be down to one black and two violets though, they must be moving pretty fast.

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

lulz. No, what I'm wondering is if you have any style do go with all those pretty clothes you buy. Opinions are a dime a dozen.
    In reality almost no one here does. I think it takes ages and ages to develop it. Anyway carry on buying chambray scarfs.

9. shasta

shasta Senior member

stuff is terrible looking

10. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Thoughts on the scarves?

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Thoughts on the scarves?
    Blackbird just got some in.

12. APK

APK Senior member

Neat to see JKISSI show up in the new look book.

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Thoughts on the SS11 collection?
    Does anbybody still buy this stuff?

14. robin

robin Senior member

The new floral print fabrics are great, I purchased a few for pocketsquares.

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I love the S11 stuff. Best collection yet. Floral print tie and cherry blossom print are my favorites. I think the fact that they've blown up has kept this thread quiet, but the fabric they are sourcing continues to be stellar.

16. meso

meso Senior member

Whoa, old thread.
    Why all the hate?

17. Clyde

Clyde Senior member

any pics of ss11?

18. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I want the black covert chambray tie to pair with a white button down and grey suit.

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

have a red chambray hanky and a covert chambray tie ... both are sick pieces

pretty pricey but they are nice products

20. Feji

Feji Senior member

I'm wearing a black selvage chino tie with a FW gitman grey chambray shirt right now. And yes, the floral print indigo tie is my favorite piece this season so far.