The Hill-Side

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Then again, why would you want to blow your nose into something someone else did a million times?

2. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

this is the fucking worst line that has tried to capitalize on the work wear trend

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

this is the fucking worst line that has tried to capitalize on the work wear trend
    I totally agree, but you shouldn't say that, because there are sensitive people here. Really though, if you're going to follow a trend, do it because vapid socialite girls will be all over you for it. Nobody's gotten laid wearing overalls since 1860. /superbad

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

What about Dexy's Midnight Runners?

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

This. Honestly, when I saw this 'collection' I thought it was some serious Bears n Cubs playtime line. I don't know how you could wear a selvage chambray bandanna without looking like that. Prove me wrong guys, prove me wrong.

6. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

Nobody's gotten laid wearing overalls since 1860. /superbad

That's funny!

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

I can definitely understand some of the criticism on the Hill-Side stuff. The chambray is probably the nicest I've ever seen, but they really should be making shirts out of the stuff, not bandanas. It's unreasonably heavy for a bandana. Not to mention, the price is pretty steep for about a third of a yard of fabric that is sewn at the edges.

8. robin

robin Senior member

I can definitely understand some of the criticism on the Hill-Side stuff. The chambray is probably the nicest I've ever seen, but they really should be making shirts out of the stuff, not bandanas. It's unreasonably heavy for a bandana. Not to mention, the price is pretty steep for about a third of a yard of fabric that is sewn at the edges.
    The hill side folks should really be handrolling the edges. They also soften up nicely after some rounds in the washer and dryer.

I totally agree, but you shouldn't say that, because there are sensitive people here.
    Says the bunny murderer.

9. zakurie

zakurie Well-Known Member

I just received one of the ties, and I'll definitely be ordering another. The fabric is top-notch, and it is a rather simple piece that can be worn daily. I'll even be wearing it with a suit to a wedding next week too.

10. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Will the ties bleed on clothing?
    Opinions on ties from peeps who own any?

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

The hill side folks should really be handrolling the edges. They also soften up nicely after some rounds in the washer and dryer.

Says the bunny murderer.

Oh son, now I know why you didn't show for the Seattle meetup.

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

New chambray scarves out. (I posted this the other night but the post-crash hiccup ate it.) I think this is a nice treatment of this fabric. Maybe selvedge is getting played out in some ways, but this is a great scarf (and most who see it won't know anything about selvedge vs. wide goods!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] To the poster who asked about hand, my handkerchief/bandanna was pretty soft new, and is softening up nicely. I dig it.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

I think this is a better use of the chambray. I still think it's too thick for a bandana. If they knew what was good for them, they'd make shirts!!! It's seriously the nicest chambray I've seen.

15. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Anybody own a tie?

ive got a couple ties i wear when i teach (substitute) and ive never had any problem with bleeding and i usually wear white shirts with them. i like them