1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hill-Side

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. robin

robin Senior member

New up on Context - this stuff looks great: http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...he%20Hill-Side

I just ordered some of the bandanas and the pocket square. I don't get quite understand the need for the ties in some of those fabrics though, but whatever. Can't wait to see what else they'll put out.

2. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I can't get over the fact that they're calling them pocketsquares and not handkerchiefs. Anyway, I really like the plum violet PS and tie. [​IMG][​IMG]

3. robin

robin Senior member

Well they have the bandana at 21x21 and the pocket square at 13x13. I guess the bandana would be what you'd call the handkerchief.

I think the chambray ties are the only ones I like, especially that pink one.

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

Yeah, that Context email made me take a look, too. I wonder what the hand is like on a couple of these items.

5. robbie

robbie Senior member

Yeah, that Context email made me take a look, too. I wonder what the hand is like on a couple of these items.

+1

Would the hemp denim tie look silly with a black suit?

6. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

I kinda want the pocket square

7. robin

robin Senior member

^ Hopefully on the soft side, especially since this dude is rubbing his glasses with the chambray. [​IMG]

8. Eason

Eason Senior member

Next time I'm out chopping wood and delivering my calves, I'll be sure to wear these. I'm sure all of you will too.

9. jet

jet Senior member

I think bobo just came in his carpenter pants.

10. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

luckily, true vintage carpenters (and some of the better repros) have a little coated gauze pocket just inside the zipper in case that happens.

On topic - some of that stuff looks real nice but not for me, which is saying a lot considering my current chambray fetish.

11. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Next time I'm out chopping wood and delivering my calves, I'll be sure to wear these. I'm sure all of you will too.

Consider it done.

12. robin

robin Senior member

For cleaning up my keyboard actually. ^_^

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I think bobo just came in his carpenter pants.

[​IMG]Not this time actually. The ties are too short (and too expensive) for me. And I really cant imagine what theyd go with.

14. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

^ Hopefully on the soft side, especially since this dude is rubbing his glasses with the chambray.

[​IMG]

and that's how you get scratches on your glasses

15. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I'm very curious to know how soft this fabric is when someone gets their order.

16. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

^ Hopefully on the soft side, especially since this dude is rubbing his glasses with the chambray.

[​IMG]

We need CityConnection to chime in on the safety of chambray hankerchiefs on glasses.

17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

they say the ties age better with wear ... i wonder if the hemp selvage denim will bleed on shirts if rained on or even if you sweat too much on a hot day haha

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

I. Am. Buying. The. Red. Bandana. TODAY.

Edit: Done!

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

how are you gonna use it? really as a bandana or putting in your back pocket?

20. zissou

zissou Senior member

Definitely around my neck, but occasionally in my back pocket. Funny thing is, I'm working on a project right now to make an indigo selvage bandana.