• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here were a selection of photographs from last week Shoegazing Supetrunk show in Stockholm. There were a few high-end independent shoe brands.
ME2A7584.jpg
bridlen_stockholm.jpg
Bridlen -- a maker from India that focuses on 360 degree channel welt

paul_brunngard_shoeshine_workshop.jpg
Anders S, from Paul Brunngard, running a shoeshining workshop for all guests

yearn_balmoral_boots.jpg
Trying on a pair of Yearn Balmoral boots.

cnes.jpg
CNES shoes -- a maker from Singapore/Vietnam.

arterton_paulbrunngard.jpg
New Paul Brunngard Polishes, Waxes and Creams

yearn_shoegazing.jpg
arterton_shoe_trees.jpg
Our new beechwood shoe trees.

Attachments

• shoeshining.jpg
    shoeshining.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 15
  • yearn_arterton_stockholm.jpg
    yearn_arterton_stockholm.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 21

MrFingers

Reaction score
Stumbled upon House of Agin. Anyone have any insight on the quality of them? They look interesting and found a color and last that resembles the EG dover in oak antique.
01CDC627-EA65-4A63-8139-013CBD47BD6B.jpeg

St1X

Reaction score
My Chinese girlfriend said she can easily help me to buy shoes from Taobao.
What high end shoe maker I can start with? Most likely I'll go with a split toe hatch grain derby.
I can buy directly from Taobao and get them shipped to my gf's grandma in China

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stumbled upon House of Agin. Anyone have any insight on the quality of them? They look interesting and found a color and last that resembles the EG dover in oak antique.
View attachment 1839482
Kinda seems too good to be true. The price vs what you are getting is not just slightly below the market standard, but substanially below the market standard.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Kinda seems too good to be true. The price vs what you are getting is not just slightly below the market standard, but substanially below the market standard.
If you add goodies and trees it comes out to about the same as oct10th and yeossal without their mto fee actually

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mattina is a well-respected maker here in China. On pair with Xibao from my conversations with people.

I have shoes from both. Mattina is great, but it's more of a simpler factory-made shoe than BW/Xibao which have more hand work and advanced construction details. Both options are solid stuff for the price.

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
My Chinese girlfriend said she can easily help me to buy shoes from Taobao.
What high end shoe maker I can start with? Most likely I'll go with a split toe hatch grain derby.
I can buy directly from Taobao and get them shipped to my gf's grandma in China
Xibao is having a discounted group MTO for Dover style split toe derby, hatch grain is an option too.

Superdoedoe

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads