• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

Weihsuan Wang

Reaction score
Is anyone also waiting for your long due Oct. Tenth order? I placed my order in early February, and I haven't received an update for months. I tried to reach out to Tom, but he won't answer my emails.

Edit: Tom just informed me that my shoes are finally finished. Apparently the factory has a HUGE backlog currently.

Last edited:

evangel21

Reaction score
Is anyone also waiting for your long due Oct. Tenth order? I placed my order in early February, and I haven't received an update for months. I tried to reach out to Tom, but he won't answer my emails.

I placed an order in Jul and haven't heard anything after paying the deposit. My guess is with Xibao making shoes for other brands, the delay is inevitable with the backlog and the Covid situation in China not helping.

Adhazem

Reaction score

I ordered early March from BW and just got my pair today. Shanghai was shut down for a couple months for pandemic stuff and then they were running into supplier problems. I’ll admit Helen kept me in the loop touching base every 4 weeks or so.

Here they are. Horween Russian grain in coffee with Charles F. Stead green suede shaft on a modified last with hand sewn soles.

FB784D56-2561-4534-A4A0-829B90F3722A.jpeg

5692E1B6-4CB3-486C-BB57-F9135B92E821.jpeg

EC0DA291-7404-4084-9F4C-447F78E0E663.jpeg

ajay199127

Reaction score
Same here, waiting for my lazy man from Helen. But, she kept me updated every 4 weeks.

I have never had a response later than 48hrs.

Jacko1235

Reaction score
Is there a difference in ordering directly from the factory Xibao/BW or other brands using the factory Oct 10th/Yeossal?

Adhazem

Reaction score
Is there a difference in ordering directly from the factory Xibao/BW or other brands using the factory Oct 10th/Yeossal?

BW will make you anything you want from a classic black captoe to a wild bicolor bimaterial makeup or even more crazy if that’s what you want. Modified lasts and upper designs are no issue. It’s probably cheaper to stick to yeossal/Oct 10 though. My boots with the trees, custom last, hand stitched soles were around $1150 shipped.

Betta

Reaction score
IIRC
Yeossal has a return even for MTO. So in case of sizing/fit you can return. (there is a restock fee). horrible communication.
Oct 10th dunno.
BW. My personal experience is excellent communication and as pointed above limitless customization.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any exp with these?
448A8192-D8F3-4F80-9FCE-AB035FF6BE02.png

curious about them. Just don’t want to receive them and they be incredibly narrow or something unexpected

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any exp with these? View attachment 1835634
curious about them. Just don’t want to receive them and they be incredibly narrow or something unexpected

So, I think we can help with these. The loafers are TTS, but can be half a size down if you want to go sock less. They come in two widths. The standard width is that which designate as 'E'. The wide width is 'F'.

The style that you chose is made to order at both Yearn and Arterton in the UK. It will become a RTW style in Q1 of next year at Arterton.

It comes in both Horween or Peccary calf. See attached.

I hope that helps! Gotta run now but if there any linger questions, feel free to shoot

Attachments

• mmexport1663960252290.jpg
    mmexport1663960252290.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 89

Superdoedoe

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum for it. Apologies if it isn't.

Has any bought from Here?

Seems to be a pretty solid boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads