• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

Roscoe the best

Reaction score
Other boots made by OCT, perfect boots for dress boots lover like me.
1642229913500.jpeg

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funnily, I don't. I am a salaried professional. An academic, to boot. One thing I ain't is conservative. You wanna live your life in boring and conservative attires? Be my guest.

that’s taking it to the other extreme. All the individual colors here I might be able to do but the combination just makes it very hard to imagine what to wear that with (and I do have green, blue, light grey oxfords which plenty of people here would seem odd limits). So what do or would you wear this with?

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are days for space Green Lantern shoes and then there are days for conservative shoes that complement monochromatic ensembles. My other (and final, as I can't see myself saving up the required amount for a third rodeo) pair from Acme.

IMG_5040.jpg
00IMG_E5052.jpg
00Attachment-1.jpg 00IMG_5048.jpg

unprocessed

Reaction score
For those who have both Acme and G&G how do the insteps compare? Acme recommended I take half a size smaller than what I take with G&G (which fit me quite well). They also sent a photo comparing Acme and G&G (half a size bigger) and Acme was a tiny bit longer.

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are days for space Green Lantern shoes and then there are days for conservative shoes that complement monochromatic ensembles. My other (and final, as I can't see myself saving up the required amount for a third rodeo) pair from Acme.

View attachment 1738888 View attachment 1738887 View attachment 1738885 View attachment 1738886

@bernoulli Excellent shoes and outfit. Love the cloth! As for the shoes, the waisting is brilliant. In your first picture, you can see past the waist of your right shoe and onto the ground!

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take a full size smaller in Acme than G&G, for what it is worth. Both have mid to low-insteps, in my opinion.

For those who have both Acme and G&G how do the insteps compare? Acme recommended I take half a size smaller than what I take with G&G (which fit me quite well). They also sent a photo comparing Acme and G&G (half a size bigger) and Acme was a tiny bit longer.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind word. The waisting is borderline feminine, as it almost looks like I am wearing heels. Which is fine, of course, but I don't know if it is something that I would enjoy in all my shoes. It is a bit too extreme, frankly, but I have no regrets. It is a piece of art.

IMG_3336.jpg
IMG_3743.jpg

@bernoulli Excellent shoes and outfit. Love the cloth! As for the shoes, the waisting is brilliant. In your first picture, you can see past the waist of your right shoe and onto the ground!

unprocessed

Reaction score
I take a full size smaller in Acme than G&G, for what it is worth. Both have mid to low-insteps, in my opinion.
Interesting. A full size smaller mostly because of the length? Think a few others on here mentioned they take the same size in both brands!

Adhazem

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind word. The waisting is borderline feminine, as it almost looks like I am wearing heels. Which is fine, of course, but I don't know if it is something that I would enjoy in all my shoes. It is a bit too extreme, frankly, but I have no regrets. It is a piece of art.

It’s absolutely stunning! Enjoy.

Speaking of art, my Graziat is in a fedex box headed to the US. I can’t wait to get my hands on the pair. The owner is a very very talented gentleman and takes patina to the next level. Of course that’s my biased opinion ?
1A5E6F81-3EDD-48D2-8AD8-C65D95343EE2.jpeg

9CE3BE40-5AB3-471D-AC0F-1EF17718640B.jpeg

CDC4B906-F00F-487F-B7CB-53980A5F428C.jpeg

E5471B65-356F-41FD-9681-D9AAFFB58866.jpeg

CEE5B557-D741-4F13-8A22-908D2F0AA0D1.jpeg

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 10G at Acme. I am usually a 10.5 Wide but the Acme at 10 is long enough for my feet. I find G&G's lasts extremely narrow. Thus, I need to size up from 10.5 to accommodate my wide right foot in their TG73 and Deco lasts.

Finally, I was sized in person for Acme but purchased my shoes online from G&G. If I were going MTO, I would order a 10.5F or G from G&G, so still a half-size up from Acme.

Interesting. A full size smaller mostly because of the length? Think a few others on here mentioned they take the same size in both brands!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads