• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Multi-brand trunk show in Shanghai, most likely the first of its kind ever in the city. Oct 10th, Mattina, SlimShoes and other brands were there, including some independent shoemakers. The distributor for Carlos Santos was present and he showed the new high-end hand grade line. There was also a shoe-shining competition. I should have taken more pictures but you get the idea.

IMG_6839.JPG
IMG_6836.JPG
IMG_6837.JPG
IMG_6852.JPG
IMG_6853.JPG
IMG_6858.JPG
IMG_6859.JPG
IMG_6864.JPG
IMG_6865.JPG

IMG_6833.JPG
IMG_6846.JPG
IMG_6847.JPG
IMG_6854.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6846.JPG
    IMG_6846.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 17

boot_owl

Reaction score
Multi-brand trunk show in Shanghai, most likely the first of its kind ever in the city. Oct 10th, Mattina, SlimShoes and other brands were there, including some independent shoemakers. The distributor for Carlos Santos was present and he showed the new high-end hand grade line. There was also a shoe-shining competition. I should have taken more pictures but you get the idea.

View attachment 1633091 View attachment 1633089 View attachment 1633090 View attachment 1633093 View attachment 1633094 View attachment 1633095 View attachment 1633096 View attachment 1633098 View attachment 1633099
View attachment 1633100 View attachment 1633101 View attachment 1633102 View attachment 1633103

Aweome! Hopefully next time travel will be less restricted and more of us will be able to attend in person!

For some commentary on the shoemaking competition as well. Some creative pattern design work on display (whack the link into google translate)

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone had a chance to try Mori of Shoemakers by chance and know how the sizing runs and how they are in real life? Looks like they restocked their stitched black cap toe that looks great.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can confirm. They were there at the trunk show and one of the owners speaks perfectly English. I am tempted myself, their lasts 5 and 7, with a chiseled toe, leave nothing to be desired to the Decos of the world.
I am considering getting a pair of loafer from Slimshoes, their last looks really nice.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can confirm. They were there at the trunk show and one of the owners speaks perfectly English. I am tempted myself, their lasts 5 and 7, with a chiseled toe, leave nothing to be desired to the Decos of the world.
I'd love to find out more about this brand, but it doesn't appear all that easy to do so. Do you know if they have an online presence that I'm not finding?

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taobao is life: https://shop128683966.taobao.com/. You might have to register an account to see all of their inventory.

I believe I have or can get you the wechat of one of the owners. In China, wechat is the equivalent of whatsapp and taobao is eBay.

They also have an Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/slimshoesofficial/.

If I can be of help, feel free to DM me.

I'd love to find out more about this brand, but it doesn't appear all that easy to do so. Do you know if they have an online presence that I'm not finding?

Betta

Reaction score
If you don't have wechat, I recommend you install it. Slimshoes has a mini store on wechat and their catalog includes 150 shoes and counting.
To
The only thing I dont like about wechat is its data collection policies. at least on IG I can use google voice, temp email etc. But Wechat only works with my phone # right?
Their IG has had a post since 2020. email?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are fixing a website soonish

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads