• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would have thought HK travel to mainland should have been easy, you would have to deal with 14 days quarantine (both ways) but that's about it.

got a lot friend few to China for business since probably May (though all from Taiwan, mostly go back for job rather than travel back and forth as it's 14 days quarantine both ways so it adds up).

edit: though if you're a shoe maker 14 days both way are mostly lost I suppose, it's not like you can just work on spreadsheet and do some zoom call...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shoes definitely look like they’ve had an improvement. Would be interesting if someone had a pair from when they rolled out vs current. I’ll also be curious to see if Yeossal has experienced a similar jump since I’ll have a few generations of theirs when my next order arrives in the next few months.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well if I order my plain toe lazyman I would definitely have stuff to compare

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have thought HK travel to mainland should have been easy, you would have to deal with 14 days quarantine (both ways) but that's about it.

got a lot friend few to China for business since probably May (though all from Taiwan, mostly go back for job rather than travel back and forth as it's 14 days quarantine both ways so it adds up).

edit: though if you're a shoe maker 14 days both way are mostly lost I suppose, it's not like you can just work on spreadsheet and do some zoom call...

That's exactly what I was thinking. He certainly couldn't dedicate the required time to his clientele whilst training new staff. The opportunity probably presented itself within the last few weeks.

I'd guess he would have begun the process of guiding then left his top assistant to see out the completion of the training program.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes definitely look like they’ve had an improvement. Would be interesting if someone had a pair from when they rolled out vs current. I’ll also be curious to see if Yeossal has experienced a similar jump since I’ll have a few generations of theirs when my next order arrives in the next few months.

You probably will see an improvement. Same staff. Same workshop. As I mentioned, the staff requires something tangible in which to implement these newly acquired skills.

I'd imagine these upgraded finishing touches will be limited. Once they have reached a level the supervisors are content with, the extra time will be spent on the lines of shoes that require it (ie Mori).

unprocessed

Reaction score
Does anyone in the US have experience with buying from Medallion and getting shoes shipped?

DL120

Reaction score
maybe I just abuse my shell a lot, I have no problem bring it back to life, but it takes too much work (and when I say I abuse I mean mud/snow/rain/salt don't care, just feel once it got water spot and bloom it takes more work than calf)
Look at my posts on ig I’ve taken all my pairs through the ringer at least once. Not that much effort. Wipe off, let dry, and brush.

DL120

Reaction score
I don’t really know anyone that’s bought through medallion. Medallion, Kevin Li, owns acme. I just talk to Kevin and Oliver from ACME. Don’t use medallions site, the stock isn’t accurate. They’re really a retail shop, in person experience. I’d do anything else by email or IG with acme directly.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea Medallion you got use the taobao site or ask on IG the, their international website is like never updated

BomTrady

Reaction score
@BomTrady has ACME so I think he would as well.
For ACME I worked with Oliver. He's fantastic and super knowledgeable. I've been trying to buy shoes from Medallion for two years and find the online shop never has my size in anything but a pair of Vass that I am not sure is still really available and even when they've shown a shoe I like online, I emailed first, which is what they advise to do before checking out, and twice they didn't have the shoe I wanted in stock. But I've seen pictures of their shop and it appears they have lots of shoes. I am starting to think that selling online might be a secondary endeavor for them and they do quite well in the brick and mortar shop.

If you contact ACME vis IG, Oliver is very responsive. He's a first class entrepreneur and provides great service.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone in the US have experience with buying from Medallion and getting shoes shipped?

Yes I bought a pair of AMs from Medallion. Ironically, it was through their never-updated website. I guess I got lucky haha.

Very easy and smooth transaction. Great guys to work with. They confirmed my sizing details and even sent me pics (or video?) of the shoes before they shipped.

Shipping was ridiculously fast. They shipped on a Friday and I received them in Boston by Monday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics