• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

BomTrady

Reaction score
Oh man. As good as all the reviews say? Now I’m going to have to find somewhere to hide another pair of shoes
Hahhhah...my wife stop paying attention. Yes, they are pretty nice. But like I keep saying, I feel like the leather isn’t as nice as some other shoes, but Jesper Ingevaldsson disagrees with me on that and he’s the expert.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahhhah...my wife stop paying attention. Yes, they are pretty nice. But like I keep saying, I feel like the leather isn’t as nice as some other shoes, but Jesper Ingevaldsson disagrees with me on that and he’s the expert.

FWIW we both only have one pair of Acme that we really can judge things on (when up at this level not easy to tell variances from photos, especially not when unused), I'm sure we're both right in these cases. How good the leather quality overall is will be evident with time and others experiences spreading, but from what I can gather this far the leather quality do seem to be quite appreciated in general. Then Acme do use a bunch of different leathers, with that the properties differ a lot (remember to keep leather quality and leather properties apart folks ? ).

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
Finally received my 2 eyelet derby from OT/Xibao. Too bad it will be raining for the following days..
81F39700-BFFB-4135-BD92-4526E9B4E42E.jpeg

63064901-DA26-4125-B829-58E87FC19B67.jpeg

D34F9258-6B2E-42A0-9E53-2236D305DF16.jpeg

DAD837CD-52EE-4A97-9408-FEE39FA6E54D.jpeg

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They r offering JR soles now ?
on OT I would assume if you talk to Tom you can probably get JR too?
I had no chance through Tom of SoH.
That's strange, I thought he was the liaison for the brand outside of China
Tom mentioned 2 months back that Baker oak bark soles are available at a surcharge so for my next OT order I am definitely going for that and for reference the post is below.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom mentioned 2 months back that Baker oak bark soles are available at a surcharge so for my next OT order I am definitely going for that and for reference the post is below.

Those are better than JR anyway. Thanks for posting!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads