• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still want fiddleback on my Oxford, though would definitely do belved for any derby, not sure about loafer guess depends on if it’s casual

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes is gonna have to post the crime stoppers number again

Crime Stoppers tip line is 800-577-TIPS. It is a toll-free number so don't be afraid to use it. If you see something, say something.. ??
Screenshot_20210308-220322_Chrome.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don’t worry it’s actually smooth calf in brown with spade sole, just keep telling yourself that, you will feel better afterwards...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fiddleback seems the tick box that is in vogue right now. Pie crust aprons is also going that way. Sometimes it looks tacked on and doesn't 'flow' with the rest of the shoe.
Particularly the exceedingly sharp fiddle that is popping up. A softer fiddle I still like but the beveled when executed well is just great.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
since this thread is more like Asia ex. Japan now, will add this from Jesper

I really like how the Taiwanese one look, his derby got a bit JL look to it and quite clean finish, probably give a try when I'm back in Taiwan

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since this thread is more like Asia ex. Japan now, will add this from Jesper

I really like how the Taiwanese one look, his derby got a bit JL look to it and quite clean finish, probably give a try when I'm back in Taiwan

As I wrote in the article, if one is interested in Hung's shoes I wouldn't wait too long (not in your case since you can visit, so that makes things different with all the pros that comes with that), I can't see him keeping this price with shoes with that specs looking that good for too long.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I wrote in the article, if one is interested in Hung's shoes I wouldn't wait too long (not in your case since you can visit, so that makes things different with all the pros that comes with that), I can't see him keeping this price with shoes with that Alex looking that good for too long.

Sound advice. Wasn't too long ago that Yim was like $800 bucks.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As I wrote in the article, if one is interested in Hung's shoes I wouldn't wait too long (not in your case since you can visit, so that makes things different with all the pros that comes with that), I can't see him keeping this price with shoes with that Alex looking that good for too long.

I agree, that derby caught my eye immediately and when I saw the finishing I was like aha who is this guy

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
actually, @j ingevaldsson , maybe you can write an article on how to get "remote" fitting right (or less likely to be wrong), I would think that's super useful

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually, @j ingevaldsson , maybe you can write an article on how to get "remote" fitting right (or less likely to be wrong), I would think that's super useful

Yeah could be a topic, though difficult thing is it can vary a lot between makers on the pitfalls,depending on numerous things. But some general guidelines there is

Betta

Reaction score
As I wrote in the article, if one is interested in Hung's shoes I wouldn't wait too long (not in your case since you can visit, so that makes things different with all the pros that comes with that), I can't see him keeping this price with shoes with that specs looking that good for too long.
Curious what are you thoughts on hung vs. Jim Jun HW?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads