• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also buy all my Saphir products from AFPOS .. excellent service.. I normally buy a years worth of supply. My brother who lives in London get it for me on his annual trips

IMO, the products offered, at the prices offered, the overall shopping experience, the speed & accuracy in which said products are shipped, and (last but not least) customer service.. I am not aware of another online vendor of shoe care products on the level or better than AFPOS.

Removing the Angelus, Lincoln, and a few jars of Burgols from there, everything else was purchased through AFPOS*. Needless to say, I have assisted in keeping them in business ?.
20170328_134600.jpg

*The box is about 12 inches high so there's a bunch of jars in there*

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, the products offered, at the prices offered, the overall shopping experience, the speed & accuracy in which said products are shipped, and (last but not least) customer service.. I am not aware of another online vendor of shoe care products on the level or better than AFPOS.

Removing the Angelus, Lincoln, and a few jars of Burgols from there, everything else was purchased through AFPOS*. Needless to say, I have assisted in keeping them in business ?.
View attachment 1538806

Where did you get that nice box ? from to store all these products.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the most meaningful videos for nerds like us involve constructing or deconstructing the shoe. It’s difficult to convey things like leather quality in a review, otherwise all were being shown is what we can already see from photos. That Chinese video from early in the thread was great for this (though visual gibberish for the majority of youtube watchers)

That's a good point. Those are the videos I sit down and watch.

Funny you mention gibberish to viewers. My brother-in-laws are always complaining how boring and useless those construction videos are. They are like, "dude you aren't making shoes why bother?". The uninitiated will never comprehend ?.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1538806

"That's not a knife, THIS is a knife!"

DSC02228.jpg

?
That was five years ago though, it's grown quite a bit since...

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good man, you need a proper box for those ?.
I have a Doctor bag for towels and old rags. And another box for brushes (just not as nice).

Yeah, it's a mess now, spread out in five different boxes of various types. One day I'll get it all sorted, but just solved a "permanent" solution for the shoes (see below), some day I get to the shoe care stuff ?

EAAFF9F9-FDC8-4D95-9E40-D0D9829C5E5D.jpeg

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always assumed you have a lot more

Nah, it's these here below plus two more (but will sell off three now as well). I've always only kept the shoes I use, and sell off all others, so been around 25 pairs for many years now, sometimes more sometimes less but that seem to be the amount I "need".

AC34DDA4-DD17-4B23-BCF8-E5DB620DBA55.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, it's these here below plus two more (but will sell off three now as well). I've always only kept the shoes I use, and sell off all others, so been around 25 pairs for many years now, sometimes more sometimes less but that seem to be the amount I "need".

View attachment 1538883

yea I stick to the same I try to keep it around 25..., I'm sure with all the sold stuff added in I'm probably close to the 50 range, I'm too scare to count... (consider how much I lost in all the sale...)

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you don’t see is that the corridor is actually 50m long

Optical illusions is my specialty ?

yea I stick to the same I try to keep it around 25..., I'm sure with all the sold stuff added in I'm probably close to the 50 range, I'm too scare to count... (consider how much I lost in all the sale...)

I had a document where I wrote down all the purchases I did including the sum paid, plus the same when sold, but at one stake I just felt bad seeing the figures so stopped using it..
With that said, the shoes I have now are to a large degree much more expensive and better than almost all I've sold off, so it's really been a fine tuning of the collection.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always assumed you have a lot more

View attachment 1538883

That's a really nice number. 20 may be the better number.

My ideal number is probably like 16. 4 Dress oxfords, 4 boots, 4 loafers, and 4 derbies/SpTDs. Sadly, I may never live to see that ?.

Then again, I do have two boys. I'll live vicariously through them, and they'll be better than I... ??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads