• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

Viatu

Reaction score
So I reached out to Yeossal for guidance on fit, providing a heck of a lot of points of comparison, and was just given a flat recommendation of 9.5UK with a comment along the lines of "take our recommendation at your discretion".

Lol I get more help from SF members. Always somewhere else to spend my money

I reached out to them some months ago. They asked me some shoes I have and on what lasts. I mentioned a pair of Carminas I have on the Inca last and they told me if I get a shoe on the SG65 last to go with a wide width. I took their advice and the shoes I bought from them fit.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reached out to them some months ago. They asked me some shoes I have and on what lasts. I mentioned a pair of Carminas I have on the Inca last and they told me if I get a shoe on the SG65 last to go with a wide width. I took their advice and the shoes I bought from them fit.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I didn't really need this pair, so lukewarm customer service is enough to turn me off for now. I'll just wait to see others' sizing experience in the coming months for more data points. The numerous stories of mis-sizing doesn't give me much confidence in their guidance, your experience notwithstanding.

bsarosi

Reaction score
So I reached out to Yeossal for guidance on fit, providing a heck of a lot of points of comparison, and was just given a flat recommendation of 9.5UK with a comment along the lines of "take our recommendation at your discretion".

Lol I get more help from SF members. Always somewhere else to spend my money

While I’m surprised at the very short, direct customer service response, I will vouch for their advice. With that said, you may try to reach out Jackson directly (@jacksomeister) or request for him to email you back. I’ve had nothing but positive interactions with Jackson and I trust that he will give you accurate advice. Totally understand if you decide to hold off further, though.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I’m surprised at the very short, direct customer service response, I will vouch for their advice. With that said, you may try to reach out Jackson directly (@jacksomeister) or request for him to email you back. I’ve had nothing but positive interactions with Jackson and I trust that he will give you accurate advice. Totally understand if you decide to hold off further, though.

Thanks. I was surprised they were so short, especially since I explicitly told them about the sizing miscues I've been reading about, and was seeking some reassurance. I've worked in customer service, and I would have taken that as an opportunity to closely engage with a new client and establish a relationship.

I'll give them one more shot over e-mail.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can confirm. Jackson is their sizing guru.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not. HW experience includes Vass, Bonafe, and Buday
Well, I'm certain we have at least one last in common if we go beyond HW! Better than nothing. Have anything in the following? Carmina (Forest, Oscar, Rain), C&J (341, 325), EG (82, 606), G&G (MH71), Alden (all). I'm a pretty solid 10.5D US with a slightly high instep.
Chinese makers instep is high especially for Yeossal/Oct tenth and the instep is more like Enzo Bonafe. I would suggest to take same size as Enzo Bonafe , C&J/Carmina. I take TTS size for the YC3 last but with reduced instep of 3-5mm and it fits me great and I have a normal instep which works well with most Uk/Spanish makers.

Viatu

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a picture of the Yeossal's Duxton model in a grain leather? Yeossal doesn't have a picture of such. I know this because I asked them.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Chinese makers instep is high especially for Yeossal/Oct tenth and the instep is more like Enzo Bonafe. I would suggest to take same size as Enzo Bonafe , C&J/Carmina. I take TTS size for the YC3 last but with reduced instep of 3-5mm and it fits me great and I have a normal instep which works well with most Uk/Spanish makers.
Have you tried other lasts other YC3?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interest check before shipping these back to Singapore with how bad the mail has been lately and paying return shipping and the restocking fee - Anyone a 9.5UK who has been looking at the Thompson split toe in saddle hatch grain who doesn't want to wait 3 months for their shoes?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
probably post a picture, disclaimer, wrong size for me though...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably post a picture, disclaimer, wrong size for me though...
Yeah I wanted to do a general interest check before going through creating a BST post to link to in order to keep it within the guidelines. If only I were an 8.5 I'd convince one of you to break the no more shoes in 2020 pledges to get them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads