• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Personally I think Spain and Portugal really have the best quality in that price range, while they struggle to scale some of the higher end stuff like handwelting. Value for money is pretty mind boggling especially for entry level GYW

speaking of around $250, feeling like picking up something as beater/casual shoe in grain

SoH

CJ on 341

no idea who makes for Cavour, I assume they're GYW?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of around $250, feeling like picking up something as beater/casual shoe in grain

SoH

CJ on 341

no idea who makes for Cavour, I assume they're GYW?

I think Cavour are Spanish made. As you may be aware, I love me some CJs so that's whom I would select my beater from. SoH though is fantastic.

Were I in your position and considering that are both pretty much similar, I'd go for the inexpensive shoe. Although like I said before, I do love me some CJs ?.

CWV

Reaction score
Anyone knows a similar model than this in another brand? There is not much info on CNES

dench127

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding comps for Gordon/Jim Jun sizing. I'm pretty solidly 8UKE for EG and GG. He has 'D' as the medium width. Can anyone advise on whether 8UKD would fit?

dench127

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding comps for Gordon/Jim Jun sizing. I'm pretty solidly 8UKE for EG and GG. He has 'D' as the medium width. Can anyone advise on whether 8UKD would fit?
According to the guy on their instagram, I ought go D width. Any testimonials would bolster my confidence

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you try to talk to him on IG, he is quite responsive

edit: never mind saw you already asked

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a more casual boot note ... My Flame Pandas are done
The wait (6months) was totally worth it

1F36A9E0-D6CF-4CEE-8F37-E27942486806.jpeg
B6BD8AF4-41B3-4624-A289-E2E86A9FADEF.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
like the look, but is it just me or that speed hook is kind high to be "that speedy"?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
probably both, always thought the point of speed hook is you can do it quickly, and this just feels both high and spaced tightly, though I can see it if you definitely want it under cuffed denim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads