• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maybe they want make sure people can get the fit right? I'm very tempted to pick up the lazyman for sure, though maybe wait for a few more sizing experience.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I reached out to ACME on INS, but they told me they cannot do MTM online?
I recalled jasper did a online MTM with them?

Aha, I thought they accepted MTM online in general as well. Maybe it was a bit special since we talked RTW first then realised wouldn't work, and they felt assured that the fit info and measurements I gave them would be informative enough to work with without too much risk (although it was very clear that it was a gamble, they said that repeatedly, and I was aware that it could be ending much worse than the very good result that came out).

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wear of the Yeossal Chestnut Utah SpTD today!!

431781F6-9F6A-4CF9-89C3-6EFCD4F3A213.jpeg
28004652-F901-4EEB-8813-5EFF2DE275C2.jpeg
DF62C832-7B0C-41DD-8E89-34F216E8A265.jpeg
9C1D0F2C-36DF-4F61-9F7C-CD824CCB70ED.jpeg

BomTrady

Reaction score

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are killer!
Thank you ?
@saurabh do you have feel for the leather quality? I know you have some other very high quality footwear. What's your best guess if you had to make one? I suppose a better equation is, do you have other Yeossal shoes, and if so, how long have you had them and how have they worn? Thanks.
Quality of this Utah leather is very nice and It’s comparable to the Edward Green Utah leather boots which i have few pairs. Although the chestnut Utah color of Edward Green is lighter than this one and I think it all comes from Tannery Haas.
Btw this is my first Yeossal Shoe and I took a lower instep than normal as Yeossal and Oct Tenth shoes have higher instep like Enzo Bonafe but with a lower instep these fit great. Handwelted, tight waist, good quality leather, lasted shoe trees, spade sole with tapered heel I am very impressed for under $700 it’s an amazing value !! wore these Utah pair today for couple of hours and found them very comfortable.
I have 3 more MTO from Yeossal at the moment and 1 more MTO from Oct Tenth so I am excited to get all those pairs as well. I think they can’t compete with Acme shoemaker but otherwise damn good quality for the price.

Sharing some pics of the sole.
9CF1CE0B-1675-4053-885F-78AA7A5B94F8.jpeg

G&G, Yeossal and EG below in the order.
46BCABF7-0FE1-4E92-93EC-79B5D82EA1A9.jpeg

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you ?

Quality of this Utah leather is very nice and It’s comparable to the Edward Green Utah leather boots which i have few pairs. Although the chestnut Utah color of Edward Green is lighter than this one and I think it all comes from Tannery Haas.
Btw this is my first Yeossal Shoe and I took a lower instep than normal as Yeossal and Oct Tenth shoes have higher instep like Enzo Bonafe but with a lower instep these fit great. Handwelted, tight waist, good quality leather, lasted shoe trees, spade sole with tapered heel I am very impressed for under $700 it’s an amazing value !! wore these Utah pair today for couple of hours and found them very comfortable.
I have 3 more MTO from Yeossal at the moment and 1 more MTO from Oct Tenth so I am excited to get all those pairs as well. I think they can’t compete with Acme shoemaker but otherwise damn good quality for the price.

Sharing some pics of the sole.
View attachment 1488003
G&G, Yeossal and EG below in the order.
View attachment 1488002

Looking at this picture, I'm impressed with EG's waist.

With GG there is no surprise that the waist would be narrow, it is a calling card afterall. Yeossal is attempting to enter the discriminating artisanal segment, so, again, no surprise there.

EG is just your standard higher end (some may say overpriced) English RTW shoemaker that at this point is ho-hum. Just mentioning the sole finishing between the three brands I would probably laugh, at least smirk. This coming from a proponent of the brand, yet one that is realistic. I would immediately presume there really wouldn't be a fair comparison when talking sole finish.

Again as I look at the picture of the three soles though, I am very much impressed by the simple yet balanced square waist. Nicely painted as well. Basically reiterates that a narrow waist isn't really a necessity. A finely shaped, boring by all accounts, waist still invokes that timeless elegance. Way to demonstrate you still "got it" amongst these youngsters EG ??.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With GG there is no surprise that the waist would be narrow, it is a calling card afterall. Yeossal is attempting to enter the discriminating artisanal segment, so, again, no surprise there.

EG is just your standard higher end (some may say overpriced) English RTW shoemaker that at this point is ho-hum. Just mentioning the sole finishing between the three brands I would probably laugh, at least smirk. This coming from a proponent of the brand, yet one that is realistic. I would immediately presume there really wouldn't be a fair comparison when talking sole finish.

Again as I look at the picture of the three soles though, I am very much impressed by the simple yet balanced square waist. Nicely painted as well. Basically reiterates that a narrow waist isn't really a necessity. A finely shaped, boring by all accounts, waist still invokes that timeless elegance. Way to demonstrate you still "got it" amongst these youngsters EG ??.

To me, what a narrow waist does to the appearance when worn is much more important than the look viewed from below like this (no matter how beautiful that might be). And that's where, to me, slimmer waisted shoes like G&G, Yeossal, Oct. Tenth, TLB Artista etc. always look much more refined and elegant than the slightly more "boring" EG, C&J HG, JLP Prestige etc. waists or full on "boring" square waists (JLP Classic, C&J BG, and so on). It's style (at least can be called that), of course, and some prefer the latter (and especially for some type of models I fully understand), but if you (like I am in most cases) are after a more refined elegant look a very slim waist (important that it's combined with an at least relatively close-cut heel as well) makes wonders for the appearance of the shoes when worn.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do prefer the narrow waist and smaller heel of the G&G and Yeossal than EG. Although I like the EG mostly for the Galways/Dovers. There is no doubt EG make nice shoes and boots and that’s the reason I have them as well but apart from that I don’t like any other EG model.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me, what a narrow waist does to the appearance when worn is much more important than the look viewed from below like this (no matter how beautiful that might be). And that's where, to me, slimmer waisted shoes like G&G, Yeossal, Oct. Tenth, TLB Artista etc. always look much more refined and elegant than the slightly more "boring" EG, C&J HG, JLP Prestige etc. waists or full on "boring" square waists (JLP Classic, C&J BG, and so on). It's style (at least can be called that), of course, and some prefer the latter (and especially for some type of models I fully understand), but if you (like I am in most cases) are after a more refined elegant look a very slim waist (important that it's combined with an at least relatively close-cut heel as well) makes wonders for the appearance of the shoes when worn.

I would agree that a level of refinement is more apparent on a slimmer waist. Does it really add a level of elegance though mmmm maybe to probably not. I have seen well worn EG shoes and they look just as elegant as a pair of very thin waisted well worn GGs.

In fact, if we pull back the scope from a micro to a macro view, the total outfit actually dictates the appropriate shoe for the occasion. Under certain conditions, even if you had a normal width waisted shoe (provided it was balanced with the rest of the ensemble) it would still look as elegant.

For instance and in memory of the now departed Sean Connery, if we compare Connery's outfit which is not as refined as Daniel Craig's (because it is not as fitted) ...the regular waisted shoe looks as elegant and as appropriate.
Screenshot_20201031-192615_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201031-192638_Chrome.jpg

Craig is also wearing a standard width waisted shoe and it looks as elegant, although he is wearing a more fitted suit.
Screenshot_20201031-192729_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201031-201832_Chrome.jpg

I'm not entirely confident a really narrow waisted shoe would add anything or make the outfit more elegant.

Even the Bond school Kingsman movies had normal looking shoes and still looked great because the rest of the ensemble worked well.
Screenshot_20201031-201915_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201031-201850_Chrome.jpg

The only time I could see perhaps a narrow waist may work better, and only slightly, is when the younger Kingsman wore his suit. I'd argue it would be more appropriate because he is younger than anything else.
Screenshot_20201031-201935_Chrome.jpg

On the older gentlemen, it would not be necessary. Which goes back to my original idea that you don't necessarily need a really narrow waist nor would it really add much. It is there to fulfill sartorial tastes or shoe owner's thirst for a prettier shoe! Which we all like ?.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do prefer the narrow waist and smaller heel of the G&G and Yeossal than EG. Although I like the EG mostly for the Galways/Dovers. There is no doubt EG make nice shoes and boots and that’s the reason I have them as well but apart from that I don’t like any other EG model.

I like the Chelsea and the Cadogan as well as the Dover and Galway (obviously). After a certain point with these lasts & stylistic differences (putting aside construction) it really comes down to personal aesthetic preferences.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads