• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
awesome, though if you don't mind I re posted as picture w/o having to re open attachment (edit: never mind looks like it's fixed)

and would be interesting to see what happens when you get the reduced instep OT back as well

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome, though if you don't mind I re posted as picture w/o having to re open attachment (edit: never mind looks like it's fixed)

and would be interesting to see what happens when you get the reduced instep OT back as well
Thank you and though I corrected my original post :). I think those should fit too with reduced instep and I took Huang last instead of the Shang.

CWV

Reaction score
Cross post from the Yeossal thread.
Just took delivery of the Yeossal - Thomson shoes (SpTD) and following are the specs:
Last: YC3 with 3 mm reduced instep.
Leather: Chestnut Utah (Hass Utah Grain Leather)
Size: 8UK/42
Sole: Leather (Black/Natural Color) + Metal Toe tips
Sole Shape: Spade
Heel: Tapered
Trees: Lasted shoes trees (Double Barrel Spring).
Extra: slight burnishing and shine on Toe/heel

Please Note pictures posted below are taken inside so they may look slightly darker than when taken outside.

View attachment 1467780
View attachment 1467779 View attachment 1467772 View attachment 1467773 View attachment 1467775 View attachment 1467774 View attachment 1467769 View attachment 1467770 View attachment 1467771 View attachment 1467776 View attachment 1467777 View attachment 1467778 View attachment 1467782 View attachment 1467768 View attachment 1467767 View attachment 1467766

My main concern was the fit and they fit perfect.
Good enough room in toe area and very good fit in length/heel/instep areas.

View attachment 1467764
View attachment 1467765

I am glad i didn't order the SG65 last as that would have been tight for the toes for sure as i feel the toe area is very tapered on that last and i think YC3 last is better suited for SpTD.
The only negative thing i can say for this order is the burnishing was done darker than what i had asked for.
After wearing for few minutes i feel i am fine with that burnishing and can use some Saphir Reno. conditioner to lighten a bit in future. Overall i am very happy with the shoes and i highly recommend Yeossal Team and Jackson.
These Guys are fantastic !!
I will post more comparison pictures with EG SpTD and G&G SpTD as well sometime soon :)
I also thought from the pics that it didn’t seem “slightly” burnished. But everything else very bufes

Psyko

Reaction score
Am I right then in concluding that there are really small differences between Yeossal an Oct. Tenth, and that the difference is basically in what patterns they offer? (And how good they are at burnishing)

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I right then in concluding that there are really small differences between Yeossal an Oct. Tenth, and that the difference is basically in what patterns they offer? (And how good they are at burnishing)
Hmm...I would say the differences also include the last designs (OT has 4 lasts, Y has way more), leather choices/finish options, different prices for models, shoe trees, enhancements (split toe, leather upgrades, etc.).

Also OT is MTO or GMTO only.

Yeossal often does promos where they have some models RTW, MTO, GMTO, or CGMTO (whatever they called the last split toe group order).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would think only difference is really just last, OT is adding models as well (though they probably can't overlap some of the more specific to Yeossal stuff, I mean no one can complain about split toe, but some of the Yeossal's adelaide is probably distinctive enough to stay on its own)

edit: didn't realize Yeossal has significant RTW as well these days

edit2: and don't really get why would Yeossal would have some leather but OT don't, unless Yeossal buy it themselves then ship to Xibao I suppose?

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look fantastic! Wow, I especially love that rear view.

On the Yeossal vs OT question...I think the apron on these may look just a touch different than it does on the OT. Or at least on the OT Huang last. This one looks to me like it's just a touch longer.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look fantastic! Wow, I especially love that rear view.

On the Yeossal vs OT question...I think the apron on these may look just a touch different than it does on the OT. Or at least on the OT Huang last. This one looks to me like it's just a touch longer.
Thank you so much. Maybe I am wrong but I think only @vriche has both OT and Yeossal SpTD and he can provide you some input.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeossal has been teasing boot photos lately with several styles including their own Galway that I’m calling the Yeolway lol.

Went to their site to start thinking about what last and leather combinations I want for that boot.

And lo and behold they have the collection group order up and running for boots.

Boot CGO

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeossal has been teasing boot photos lately with several styles including their own Galway that I’m calling the Yeolway lol.

Went to their site to start thinking about what last and leather combinations I want for that boot.

And lo and behold they have the collection group order up and running for boots.

Boot CGO
Wow , it’s an impressive collection of boots.
My favorite are the following and can’t pick one.

C594C1EE-CD98-4623-AF2C-758ADB29E1F6.jpeg
3807CFF9-B44B-4270-8813-8BBFDCE1194F.jpeg
477CD9C6-ACE5-405E-A444-E3D01307D9AD.jpeg

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great minds. I’m going with the Yeolways for now. Possibly on yrb or yc3 last. And going dark brown base (calf? Country grain? Utah?) and suede shaft (color undecided). I realized I’ve sold off my dark brown pairs so need to add that back in.

Can you get different materials or colors on the shafts? It's not showing up as an option for me.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you get different materials or colors on the shafts? It's not showing up as an option for me.
I would say yes. Bc I’ve already been chatting with them about it lol. You would just have to dm them on IG. They would probably tell you to put it in the notes section. I did that to take the strings off my loafers.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Those look great. Here's hoping my other pair show up before the GMTO closes so I can get sizing dialed in for these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads