• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I had asked OT to make the facing and elastic area look like GG Margaux patina and make it very subtle. It came back with a super bold contrast red/purple. Hancore did an amazing job on my Winson so I hired him to fix these up.

This is the photo I sent to OT for inspiration. View attachment 1466134
And then this was the result before getting it fixed.
View attachment 1466135

I have to say...There have been quite a few -- lost in translations, the patina looks different than the picture I sent in -- mishaps. I am aware that these sorts of preferences are not guaranteed (as well as there have been a limited amount of shoes completed so not a huge body of work to go on), but it must be mentioned that the patina service offered has been substandard.

I'm not fully committed to suggesting an individual not purchase a Patina'd shoe from these guys, but I'm not far off either.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say...There have been quite a few -- lost in translations, the patina looks different than the picture I sent in -- mishaps. I am aware that these sorts of preferences are not guaranteed (as well as there have been a limited amount of shoes completed so not a huge body of work to go on), but it must be mentioned that the patina service offered has been substandard.

I'm not fully committed to suggesting an individual not purchase a Patina'd shoe from these guys, but I'm not far off either.

Yeah I felt a huge sigh of relief when opening up the loafers box.
I’ve had good luck with Yeossal and patina accuracy so far.

OT not so much. Wayman not so much but pleasantly surprised.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I felt a huge sigh of relief when opening up the loafers box.
I’ve had good luck with Yeossal and patina accuracy so far.

OT not so much. Wayman not so much but pleasantly surprised.

If you see in this case, Yeossal was able to deliver on the patina for the SpT Loafer whereas OT was not able to do the same. There has been speculation that Xibao makes the shoes for both OT and Yeossal but now I am not so sure considering one company is able to do a better job than the other.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you see in this case, Yeossal was able to deliver on the patina for the SpT Loafer whereas OT was not able to do the same. There has been speculation that Xibao makes the shoes for both OT and Yeossal but now I am not so sure considering one company is able to do a better job than the other.

I am thinking there has to be an issue with the patina department (if that exists).

I'm confident that they make the shoes for both companies, and more, but I seriously question why there are variances. There has to be a division of specialty or experience within the patina division. The other shoe produced by Xibao, Graziat, seems to have success with patinas. It is all a bunch of ??‍♂️.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking there has to be an issue with the patina department (if that exists).

I'm confident that they make the shoes for both companies, and more, but I seriously question why there are variances. There has to be a division of specialty or experience within the patina division. The other shoe produced by Xibao, Graziat, seems to have success with patinas. It is all a bunch of ??‍♂️.
Agreed. Did I get an intern for my lazymans?

I thought someone said earlier that Graziat does the patina themselves.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Did I get an intern for my lazymans?

I thought someone said earlier that Graziat does the patina themselves.

Possibly did ?.
If there is something along the lines of an inexperienced person performing patinas, or anyone really, perhaps progression pictures or final picture before shipment may help mitigate these difficulties.

Did they say that about Graziat? Must have forgotten that detail.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!

The lazyman are Huang uk7.5.

The loafers are YC3 uk7.5/41 in their normal width. It’s one of their more generous fitting lasts which are great for my slightly wide feet.
Any feedback on how those lasts fit compared to each other?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought shoe snob in his article said Graziat patina is done in taiwan

with regard to Yeossal vs everyone else, my completely random guess would be given Yeossal is from Singapore, chances are someone can speak Chinese fluent/native, so might really be lost in translation

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly did ?.
If there is something along the lines of an inexperienced person performing patinas, or anyone really, perhaps progression pictures or final picture before shipment may help mitigate these difficulties.

Did they say that about Graziat? Must have forgotten that detail.

Agreed. The first time I saw my lazyman was when Tom posted them on the SoH thread and I was like wtf

Any feedback on how those lasts fit compared to each other?

yeah I’m planning on doing a bigger post comparing my 4 Y shoes all on different lasts and the OT and the Waymans since they are all supposedly from Xibao

I thought shoe snob in his article said Graziat patina is done in taiwan

with regard to Yeossal vs everyone else, my completely random guess would be given Yeossal is from Singapore, chances are someone can speak Chinese fluent/native, so might really be lost in translation

This could be why only Y got the patina request correctly and the others made a guess on what I wanted based on the translated version.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so now that all of my orders from 2020 have arrived I was able to do a proper photo shoot of my entire “made in China possibly by the same maker” collection.

Part 1 since I’m limited to 20 photos per post.

The brands: Yeossal (4 pairs), Wayman Bespoke, October 10th.

The boxes from each. Yeossal upgraded from the black to the brown that has the pull out drawer style opening just like the OT. It’s also a bit more sturdy than the previous version and definitely the Wayman box. Oddly enough only the Wayman box was not damaged during shipping.The OT box is much slimmer than the others.

ECE3ED25-54F7-41AF-8551-0BF4A0ACA754.jpeg

The shoe bags. The white corduroy is Wayman bespoke. The green is OT.

Yeossal has evolved to the light brown velvety bags with plastic tips at the end of the drawstrings. They feel exactly the same as the OT.
3525ADF8-E69A-4CB0-AE00-F38DC74E1D5E.jpeg

clockwise from the top on the old dining table converted to second desk during Covid.

Wayman bespoke, Yeossal, OT, and then Yeossal the rest of the way.
0ED45BB7-7222-4CB1-A1D3-4541E05F812A.jpeg 11AD81AE-9679-4040-A7B1-250B806A33E5.jpeg

One by one in chronological purchase order.

1. Yeossal Scotts v-cap adelaide in Annonay burgundy box calf on their yc8 last. The last is being reworked, this model had many sizing issues when they first launched. Fortunately for me they are just fine.
39007D4B-7C4A-4F18-B316-96BCC7A9FC83.jpeg

2. Yeossal Cascaden 2 eyelet derby in midnight blue patina on Bonaudo crust on their most popular SG65 last. I have slightly wide feet (uk7.5F for GG) so this last is too tight for me in the toe box and low for my medium high instep. Their team recommends that I try the wide fit of the last next time.
A4D2EAC3-F036-4572-A0D9-8065146C3B0C.jpeg

3. Wayman bespoke two tone austerity brogue. Go check out that thread for more details and photos. And also @vriche YouTube channel. Personal mtm last and design choices. Anniversary gift from the wife. Requested a custom patina. The blue was supposed to be a mix of violet and navy based on the photo that I sent. I was confused when Simon sent me initial photos, but I didn’t hate it. It’s not as bright when it’s not in sunlight. However, this may be another Hancore patina project later on. Unworn only tried on due to Covid.
562C0915-09C4-47A5-8EED-ACD433FE4F0B.jpeg

4. Yeossal Vista Chelsea boots in CF Stead Janus polo suede on the YRB last wide fit based on how SG65 fit on me. Unworn due to Covid.

7B725F09-D05A-4E98-BFAB-5E3F853BBE73.jpeg

5. October 10th OT14 full brogue wingtip lazyman on Huang last in dark grey patina with GG Margaux patina blended in after Hancore fixed it. Read previous posts to see the error. Unworn due to Covid.
53C6D1A2-BE2E-4A95-8DAF-A2690A5C5378.jpeg

6.Yeossal Minden string split toe loafers in custom patina on the new YC3 last. Requested to remove strings and they nailed the patina that I wanted. Took normal width bc it’s a generous last similar to yc8 and bc its a loafer.
7DED2E15-5643-499E-B95D-E012E6E7385B.jpeg

Obligatory shoe circle shot followed by sole shots of each shoe.
458629D4-5DD5-4991-A910-124B58BE587E.jpeg

Yeossal Scotts. Fiddleback waistnd lulus.
8E1EFF78-AA68-4F3D-AD73-98C6CB5312DF.jpeg

Yeossal Cascaden. Fiddleback waist and Vibram topy.
C56C0A91-C370-42B4-A7BB-EBDD3B322DF6.jpeg

Wayman bespoke. Fiddleback and triumph tips, burgundy sole/heel, and brass nail initials. Other pair has my wife’s initials.
BFD4D187-130B-4709-B706-87A7D666A75D.jpeg

Yeossal Vista boots. Bevel waist and vibram topy.
8D626DA6-309A-47C6-8517-91756B07A8DB.jpeg

OT lazyman. Fiddleback waist and triumph tips.
5E281183-2EE3-466E-A41D-DA8C7461B264.jpeg

Yeossal Minden split toe loafers. Fiddleback waist and triumph tips.
6BB7C524-EE6C-4F0B-8AD8-A80AFF9FCE28.jpeg

Part 2 will take a look at the lasted shoe trees that should provide a better look at the different last designs.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fantastic, thanks for all the photos!

On SG65 wide fit, you took as it is rather than ask them to narrow the heel back to "regular" right?

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic, thanks for all the photos!

On SG65 wide fit, you took as it is rather than ask them to narrow the heel back to "regular" right?
Thanks!

I’m not sure what you mean? I have the sg65 in normal width, not wide fit. If I order another pair in the future, I would definitely get the wide fit. I would have to ask them if they keep the heel in normal width and just make the toe box bigger when they offer the “wide fit”

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so now that all of my orders from 2020 have arrived I was able to do a proper photo shoot of my entire “made in China possibly by the same maker” collection.

Part 1 since I’m limited to 20 photos per post.

The brands: Yeossal (4 pairs), Wayman Bespoke, October 10th.

The boxes from each. Yeossal upgraded from the black to the brown that has the pull out drawer style opening just like the OT. It’s also a bit more sturdy than the previous version and definitely the Wayman box. Oddly enough only the Wayman box was not damaged during shipping.The OT box is much slimmer than the others.

View attachment 1466753

The shoe bags. The white corduroy is Wayman bespoke. The green is OT.

Yeossal has evolved to the light brown velvety bags with plastic tips at the end of the drawstrings. They feel exactly the same as the OT.
View attachment 1466754

clockwise from the top on the old dining table converted to second desk during Covid.

Wayman bespoke, Yeossal, OT, and then Yeossal the rest of the way.
View attachment 1466755 View attachment 1466756

One by one in chronological purchase order.

1. Yeossal Scotts v-cap adelaide in Annonay burgundy box calf on their yc8 last. The last is being reworked, this model had many sizing issues when they first launched. Fortunately for me they are just fine.
View attachment 1466757

2. Yeossal Cascaden 2 eyelet derby in midnight blue patina on Bonaudo crust on their most popular SG65 last. I have slightly wide feet (uk7.5F for GG) so this last is too tight for me in the toe box and low for my medium high instep. Their team recommends that I try the wide fit of the last next time.
View attachment 1466758

3. Wayman bespoke two tone austerity brogue. Go check out that thread for more details and photos. And also @vriche YouTube channel. Personal mtm last and design choices. Anniversary gift from the wife. Requested a custom patina. The blue was supposed to be a mix of violet and navy based on the photo that I sent. I was confused when Simon sent me initial photos, but I didn’t hate it. It’s not as bright when it’s not in sunlight. However, this may be another Hancore patina project later on. Unworn only tried on due to Covid.
View attachment 1466759

4. Yeossal Vista Chelsea boots in CF Stead Janus polo suede on the YRB last wide fit based on how SG65 fit on me. Unworn due to Covid.

View attachment 1466760

5. October 10th OT14 full brogue wingtip lazyman on Huang last in dark grey patina with GG Margaux patina blended in after Hancore fixed it. Read previous posts to see the error. Unworn due to Covid.
View attachment 1466761

6.Yeossal Minden string split toe loafers in custom patina on the new YC3 last. Requested to remove strings and they nailed the patina that I wanted. Took normal width bc it’s a generous last similar to yc8 and bc its a loafer.
View attachment 1466762

Obligatory shoe circle shot followed by sole shots of each shoe.
View attachment 1466763

Yeossal Scotts. Fiddleback waistnd lulus.
View attachment 1466764

Yeossal Cascaden. Fiddleback waist and Vibram topy.
View attachment 1466765

Wayman bespoke. Fiddleback and triumph tips, burgundy sole/heel, and brass nail initials. Other pair has my wife’s initials.
View attachment 1466766

Yeossal Vista boots. Bevel waist and vibram topy.
View attachment 1466767

OT lazyman. Fiddleback waist and triumph tips.
View attachment 1466768

Yeossal Minden split toe loafers. Fiddleback waist and triumph tips.
View attachment 1466769

Part 2 will take a look at the lasted shoe trees that should provide a better look at the different last designs.

I'll say this much. You most certainly don't lack color in your recent haul. Your one pair of Waymans offers up more color than my entire collection ?.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads