• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

BomTrady

Reaction score
I agree lot of beautiful shoes in this thread although my post is a little off topic since Kielman is Polish, not Chinese maker ;) The design of these loafers was client’s idea. He also ordered two more pairs of these loafers but HW not cemented and in different materials. One brown/blue suede and one „heavier” version for Autumn/Winter. All three pairs are really beautiful IMO.

These are absolutely beautiful and, what I like about them best of all, they are a bit unique, even if in the most subtlest of ways, not like a lot of what is out there. It's like see the negative photo images of the original photo. They may not be Chinese made, but they are welcomed guests of this thread, IMO. Any shoe freak would have to agree.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are absolutely beautiful and, what I like about them best of all, they are a bit unique, even if in the most subtlest of ways, not like a lot of what is out there. It's like see the negative photo images of the original photo. They may not be Chinese made, but they are welcomed guests of this thread, IMO. Any shoe freak would have to agree.

I'd see it as inspiration for a Chinese commission, so entirely pertinent on this thread. ?

BomTrady

Reaction score
so this should be changed to non western europe, no japanese shoe thread
Then we would have to let in Saint Crispin's posters. The trick is to include Poland and exclude Romania. So, let's call Poland "Central Europe". And now we have the "Asian, no Japanese, Central European shoe thread". And we can have an addendum adding countries with shoe companies that qualify. Or maybe we don't have to worry about StC if we add "semi-bespoke shoe thread"?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then we would have to let in Saint Crispin's posters. The trick is to include Poland and exclude Romania. So, let's call Poland "Central Europe". And now we have the "Asian, no Japanese, Central European shoe thread". And we can have an addendum adding countries with shoe companies that qualify. Or maybe we don't have to worry about StC if we add "semi-bespoke shoe thread"?

Actually I believe Singaporeans could be included. If memory serves, 3/4 of Singaporeans are Chinese. Taiwan as well?

My folks are Western European so my Asian demographic statical knowledge may not be the most accurate. ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are a few Taiwanese bespoke guy, but I think any of them that does volume RTW setup factories in China or Vietnam (some GYW, some HW, though never paid much attention to know enough about it)

Eddie.Lin

Reaction score
I would like to bring to everyones attention another incredible boot maker (he's does shoes too) : Flame Panda ( https://www.instagram.com/flamepanda11/ )

The boots were made entirely by a small family workshop in Henan Province, China. I was specifically told that Flame Panda boots are mostly made by Peng and his cousin, with the other members of the shop being his father and his aunt. Truly this is a small family business. Many of the designs looked beautiful, the quality looked incredible, and the leathers looked great as well. They are hand lasted and hand welted.

As of the writing of this, there is no website and you simply order by direct messaging Peng on his Instagram account @flamepanda11 .

I was following him for sometime on Instagram and when he posted the following image on Instagram, I knew i wanted him to make something similar for me.

View attachment 1408073

I contacted him via Instagram. He was extremely kind, humble and responsive and we were able to discuss the model of boots, leather, specific details, and sizing quite easily.

From what i gather he uses some of the best materials available and the people who own his boots speak vey highly of him.

He suggested horse rump, and i agreed that that would look good on this type of boot. i did not want to go for shell cordovan (personal preference). He had a couple of colours available and i decided to got for the new10 from CLOE, Italy (pics bellow). we quickly decided upon the rest of the configuration since i had a reference point of the boot posted above and i did not want much to change from that. He informed me that the turn around time is 95 days. I was fine with that duration. He has become quite popular recently and i like that someone takes time to make a boot and does not rush it.

After a quick discussion on Instagram we decided to go with the following configuration:

Size: US 10.5 E
Last: 108
Leather: New10 Horse Rump from CLOE, Italy
Stitching process: 360 degrees storm welt
Lining: Kangaroo
Hardware: 5 rows of shoe lace holes + 3 speed hooks
Upper stitching: White
Mid Sole : single/ one and half / double leather sole (totally upto him).
Out Sole: Dr. Sole Full Sole (Raw Chord)
Heel: Straight heel and matching Dr. Sole heel
Edge: Natural edge
Toe structure : Unstructured

For reference this is what New10 colour looks like:
View attachment 1408078 View attachment 1408077 View attachment 1408079

In addition to talking to Peng from Flaming Panda, I tased to a couple of people who owned his boots and i got overwhelmingly positive response from them. Every saying his work is excellent and that he uses the best materials from Europe and Asia.

I asked permission if i could share my order and boot making process on styleforum and he was happy with the idea. He said he would share picture during the process as well. Which always makes me happy when a maker says that.

I will be updating you all about the process and the boots when they finally come.

As for pricing: His boots Start from 600 USD and go up depending upon the leather. If you choose horse hide it is 685 USD.
Wonder how the boots are coming along.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder how the boots are coming along.

Still waiting for an update.. He said the turn around time is about 95 days.. I am around 45 as of now...

Dont intend to ask him till the 90th day.. Coz all of a sudden (and deservedly so) he is all the rage in the casual boot community .... so he has tons of orders

Kivi D

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience dealing with Hephaestus? I've tried hitting them up via email, even messaged the go between guy (acknowledged receipt of my email, but has not responded). Not really a chinese shoemaker but I haven't seen a thread for them yet so I'm trying my luck here. I'm just trying to spend some money man.....

Viatu

Reaction score
I second that about contacting Hephaestus via Instagram rather than email. My emails went nowhere. My DMs on Instagram did get their attention. I'm in discussions with them to create a MTO pair of shoes for me.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought four pair during their sale a couple months ago. I did it all through Facebook.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads