• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, I would think Tom can probably speed up the subsequent batch, the first of any is usually hard (and I assume some language barrier, though Xibao seems to be able to read English just fine)

That's definitely true. Lesson learned from the Xibao side about proper shipment.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Oct Tenth pair is subsequent batch and not sure when that is coming. I definitely want the box and don’t want a completely damaged box.

I definitely think waiting another week to a week and half is fair. Especially, if an individual wants the whole experience offered by their Oct. Tenth purchase. Truth be told, if someone paid a figure approaching ~$700 (which is on the higher end) and doesn't have too many pairs of shoes in this price range; I could not fault them for wanting the entire Oct. Tenth experience

If the shoes were a high cost MTO or Bespoke pair, my position would absolutely be different. As it stands and from what I saw the box looks like, mehhhh I'm not missing much.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely think waiting another week to a week and half is fair. Especially, if an individual wants the whole experience offered by their Oct. Tenth purchase. Truth be told, if someone paid a figure approaching ~$700 (which is on the higher end) and doesn't have too many pairs of shoes in this price range; I could not fault them for wanting the entire Oct. Tenth experience

If the shoes were a high cost MTO or Bespoke pair, my position would absolutely be different. As it stands and from what I saw the box looks like, mehhhh I'm not missing much.
I am just wanting the original box to store the shoes.I don’t like storing shoes in plastic boxes as leather can’t breathe and will dry out overtime. G&G told me never to store shoes in plastic containers and it’s a bad idea.

Most of my collection is EG/C&J and G&G.
EG boxes are nicely made and the G&G full deco box/shoe bags are even nicer.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t scare the man with over 100 shoes now he has to go buy over 100 new boxes...
Well there is a guy on this thread who used to do the same thing and used to purchase plastic containers from container store and had 50 plus plastic boxes. After I told him and he even confirmed from G&G He had to throw away all the plastic away lol ?. I mean if he is fine with that that’s okay but I would always go with what the manufacturer is recommending me to do.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am just wanting the original box to store the shoes.I don’t like storing shoes in plastic boxes as leather can’t breathe and will dry out overtime. G&G told me never to store shoes in plastic containers and it’s a bad idea.

Most of my collection is EG/C&J and G&G.
EG boxes are nicely made and the G&G full deco box/shoe bags are even nicer.
Don’t scare the man with over 100 shoes now he has to go buy over 100 new boxes...

I heard the same about the plastic. I'm not too worried about it. Why? I made 4 holes on the long side, one on the short side, 3 on top using a 1-1/4-inch round saw with a power drill. They do collect a bit more dust than I'd like but that's why you have dust bags and a long polish cloth across the top. ?.

Yeah, I am the MacGyver of the shoe box game ?.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard the same about the plastic. I'm not too worried about it. Why? I made 4 holes on the long side, one on the short side, 3 on top using a 1-1/4-inch round saw with a power drill. They do collect a bit more dust than I'd like but that's why you have dust bags and a long polish cloth across the top. ?.

Maybe this is another solution than drilling many holes for future pairs.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was about to suggest the same thing, except I would have done smaller hole and on the bottom as well, but not the top

ok now go flip all your box upside down :p

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well there is a guy on this thread who used to do the same thing and used to purchase plastic containers from container store and had 50 plus plastic boxes. After I told him and he even confirmed from G&G He had to throw away all the plastic away lol ?. I mean if he is fine with that that’s okay but I would always go with what the manufacturer is recommending me to do.

well, your friend should give me those 50 boxes, I'll spend the time to drill them..., so I can put my wife's shoe in them instead, to me her stuff always look like a mess...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is another solution than drilling many holes for future pairs.

Yeah I saw those boxes. I think a friend of mines said they weren't too sturdy.

I was about to suggest the same thing, except I would have done smaller hole and on the bottom as well, but not the top

ok now go flip all your box upside down :p

Top to just above the bottom roll have holes on the bottom (and top). Bottom roll boxes don't have holes in the bottom because no point.
Like I said the MacGyver of the shoe box game.

Although, I do that at my folks house. My traitor sons sold me out by saying, "Dad has new shoes. He's making boxes for the shoes" ?. Like I said Judas and Brutus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads