• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only other maker/brand I found is cobbler union, but a bit unsure about their return and refund policy after a discount is applied.

Just email them, never purchased them, but past experience is they have been pretty quick to respond

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only other maker/brand I found is cobbler union, but a bit unsure about their return and refund policy after a discount is applied.

The CJ Boston (@clee1982 suggested) is pretty close to it. I think they have a solid return policy.

I'm not sure about Cobbler Union in general. Their shoes don't illcit a purchase response from me.

yunBW

Reaction score
The CJ Boston (@clee1982 suggested) is pretty close to it. I think they have a solid return policy.

I'm not sure about Cobbler Union in general. Their shoes don't illcit a purchase response from me.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it. do you have any experience with cavour loafers?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll take a look at it. do you have any experience with cavour loafers?

I do not unfortunately. I'm not even sure where they are made or who makes them. I'd guess Spain.

If you wanted a cheaper alternative to this French JM Weston, try another French brand, Loding. Loding definitely makes a penny similar to this one. I believe it's called the Sully or Silky (don't quote me on the name). ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Right, but I take the 180 loafer as high wall loafer, so maybe Vass have something too (say on their more traditional last)

JMW sizing is I would say you just have to try, they don’t follow UK system, they’re on their own thing. Their botique in NYC is probably your best bet, they usually stock a lot different width as well (vs say the English guy which never have any width option RTW, for the most part)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it was bugging me I didn't remember the name. So had to Google it. Loding Sulky 300.

Some pictures, since I said they resemble one another. Top image is JMW bottom is Loding.
20200625_230009.jpg
Screenshot_20200625-225918_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200625-225818_Chrome.jpg
20200625_230107.jpg
Screenshot_20200625-225758_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200625-225633_Chrome.jpg

yunBW

Reaction score
Right, but I take the 180 loafer as high wall loafer, so maybe Vass have something too (say on their more traditional last)

JMW sizing is I would say you just have to try, they don’t follow UK system, they’re on their own thing. Their botique in NYC is probably your best bet, they usually stock a lot different width as well (vs say the English guy which never have any width option RTW, for the most part)
Yeah, it's frustrating how infamous the brand is in the US with only 1 store and 0 retailer knowing the fact that they have their own sizing system... I wish I have when in-store and try the shoes in person when I was in NY...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well they certainly aren’t flying right now...

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened to this brand? Are they even launching this venture anymore?
According to the owner @Maslowso they are in the works in finalizing all the details. If and when they do I’d be placing an order for a pair for sure. From what I see him wearing they do look clean and sharp!!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, when he say same he meant to say handwelt made in China is same price as GYW in Spain?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads