• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

Psyko

Reaction score
What’s Mattina ? Is there a website or a thread on SF for these shoes ? And who sells them ?
You can buy handwelted Mattina-made shoes from https://houseofagin.com/

I'm patiently waiting for a pair of their SpTD's to arrive. I like their more chunky SpTD make up compared to the slimmer and sleeker options from Yeossal and Oct.10. Also has a shorter apron.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so had an interesting chat with this guy

disclaimer first, he is not taking individual order, he only work with retail, and is currently an outsource work that he wouldn't reveal. Anyway business is tough this year, so he was looking for more people who might be interested in partnering up (he said he has zero interest to do direct to consumer or run a brand, he just wants to make shoes, and said explicitly he would ignore anyone who request to have him make shoes for them other than business partnering)

he learned his craft in japan under Daita Kimura and really admired the Japanese shoe making. Just an interest thing to see in China I suppose. He says he is not outsource guy for bespoke, just small batch factory orderes.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn’t sure if I’d be eligible after trying the tongue pads but definitely on the list if I can.
You should always try on tongue pads without attaching them first (just hold it in place when you insert the foot), it's a bitch to get rid of the glue and residues if you are to remove it, I'm afraid.

Jmr928

Reaction score
Spoke with their team and we came to a resolution - Restocking fee was still an option (now to figure out how to ship them back to Singapore and what box to use since I have the shoe box but not the shipping box) Hoping that we can get the fit dialed in. Thanks all

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoke with their team and we came to a resolution - Restocking fee was still an option (now to figure out how to ship them back to Singapore and what box to use since I have the shoe box but not the shipping box) Hoping that we can get the fit dialed in. Thanks all
Okay great to know return will work out for you!! Now you can work with the Yeossal team for a remake with some adjustments in instep etc and whatever they advise you!!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is fantastic news. Glad to hear that you will lose a lot less than you anticipated.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so I know there are bunch things going on on the Winson thread, how does he compare to Xibao (OctTenth/Yeossal)?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, I need to try Jim Jun and ACME once I'm enter into "next year" :p
Those two I have no idea on other than what the boys posted here. What's the price difference between them?

Would be interested to hear the experiences of owners of both maker's shoes.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ACME is $1.3k+shipping, Jim Jun "advance GYW" (similar to AW?) is like 500 euro, Jim Jum HW is a lot more though like 800 euro though I think it includes trial shoe, and he call it MtM rather than MTO, so maybe more measurements?

interested in Jim Jun just because I know Thunder March likes it (though he likes ACME as well, ACME is quite aggressive looking though)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ACME is $1.3k+shipping, Jim Jun "advance GYW" (similar to AW?) is like 500 euro, Jim Jum HW is a lot more though like 800 euro though I think it includes trial shoe, and he call it MtM rather than MTO, so maybe more measurements?

interested in Jim Jun just because I know Thunder March likes it (though he likes ACME as well, ACME is quite aggressive looking though)
Based on price alone, I guess Jim Jun sounds like the better value. But, it is one of those situations where you need to see the shoes in-person to appreciate the price differences.

Then TM would be the one to ask to hear an opinion on the subject. IG users you want to do us the honor? 😎

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.