• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm thinking either Plum Museum or Dark Wine Patina with the grey suede shaft, probably on YRB (almond toe shape is preferred). Just don't like the sloped toe of DR70 even though it, too, is almond shaped.
Solid choice. I chose the yrb for my Chelsea boots and love the look.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Really exciting - with the help of Waymanbespoke, JimJun has launched his own Website! I know ThunderMarch is a fan of JimJuns work for sure, and I’m really excited by their ‘advanced goodyearwelt’ - like the Argentum Welt and viberg/Truman, it’s goodyear with a carved leather holdfast rather than canvas gemming.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really exciting - with the help of Waymanbespoke, JimJun has launched his own Website! I know ThunderMarch is a fan of JimJuns work for sure, and I’m really excited by their ‘advanced goodyearwelt’ - like the Argentum Welt and viberg/Truman, it’s goodyear with a carved leather holdfast rather than canvas gemming.

Represents a cheaper alternative(?) to the Argentum then. ??

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much "cheaper" would it be though? for the chinese guys I would just pay up to get handwelt as it's such a good value (though I don't know how much JimJuns's HW cost to start with...)

edit: never mind, looks like "Advanced" vs. Handwelt is 300 Euro difference, that's substantial for sure, though test shoe is only 90 Euro

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much "cheaper" would it be though? for the chinese guys I would just pay up to get handwelt as it's such a good value (though I don't know how much JimJuns's HW cost to start with...)

Website.

Screenshot 2020-10-01 075627.png

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on those numbers provided, Argentum should be more inexpensive. Were they the same price (or slightly cheaper), I would probably still stick with AM.

A full strap loafer (@clee1982) ????.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup that's AM price, though I would think he deliver way quicker, but it would be another unknown I suppose, a bit different aesthetic though. Test shoe for 90 euro is probably the best part.

CWV

Reaction score
yup that's AM price, though I would think he deliver way quicker, but it would be another unknown I suppose, a bit different aesthetic though. Test shoe for 90 euro is probably the best part.
You must send the test shoes back?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh really, where did it say that? Though just look at their website more carefully, free last tree and free shipping, so just a bit cheaper than AM (though kind pricy for metal toe tip for whatever reason)

also when I browse over the handwelt portion it also says last modification after initial pair, that's probably one part it gets ahead

p.s. also its website is pretty good, you see the choice pretty well

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Just to make it clear, it's €500 for Goodyear welted shoes, if one want test shoes for these it's €90 extra.

For MTM Hand welted at €800 the test shoes is included in the price.

You must send the test shoes back?

No need to send back, you provide fit input digitally.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is he doing GYW or the "Argentum" welt type of GYW

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads