• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

compuccesory

Reaction score
Not to toot my own horn overly, but Mattina lasts were originally designed with Chinese feet in mind, with a more generous forefoot and narrower heel.
Well that does look pretty cool. I'll have to keep it in mind.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And a look on Wayman from our resident @vriche

Thanks for posting, bro! I’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts on them.

Psyko

Reaction score
@ryanluo23 So what's your impression of the Agin SpTD 's? In terms of construction
and finish?

acapaca

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, bro! I’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts on them.
I think they look beautiful! Gorgeous style.

I'd love to hear more about the 'technical issue', I think you said?, that caused those to have too much room in the instep. (Also, you had me over here trying out heel cups on a couple pair I have that gape on the top line.)

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they look beautiful! Gorgeous style.

I'd love to hear more about the 'technical issue', I think you said?, that caused those to have too much room in the instep. (Also, you had me over here trying out heel cups on a couple pair I have that gape on the top line.)
Thank you! Apparently there was some type of issue that was causing the workshop to make the insteps higher than they were supposed to be. Funny cause I read someone else’s review prior to receiving my shoes who had the same issue and it concerned me. My guess is that’s when the issue was identified and they’ve since rectified it but my shoes were already lasted at that point.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pair of shoes. Good selection of the style as well. Balmorals with a brogue captoe is a winning (and versatile) combination. 👌🏻
Very much YF Celeste inspired.
YF is probably my favorite shoemaker, so I get inspired by his aesthetics a lot. Too bad it would’ve been a ton of work to get the seamless heel but it’s all good.

acapaca

Reaction score
YF is probably my favorite shoemaker, so I get inspired by his aesthetics a lot. Too bad it would’ve been a ton of work to get the seamless heel but it’s all good.
I think my Celestes have a seam at the back. But my goodness, what a dainty heel itself!

acapaca

Reaction score
I guess the part above the line is seamless, so in a way it can be a bit of both.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think my Celestes have a seam at the back. But my goodness, what a dainty heel itself!
I actually thought it was seamless as well so I just looked up the model.

View attachment 1464124

So @vriche you are in good company with your shoes.
I stand corrected then. I could’ve swore I’ve seen one with a seamless heel but it was either bespoke or just my imagination. I’m leaning towards the latter cause I can’t find it now 😂😂.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected then. I could’ve swore I’ve seen one with a seamless heel but it was either bespoke or just my imagination. I’m leaning towards the latter cause I can’t find it now 😂😂.
You can always have the man himself make them for you. I'm sure he'd be glad to.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's