• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

Adhazem

Reaction score
But how would you pair a green suede? Am genuinely intrigued.

Denim for casual. Dark navy suit with a dark green tie for dressy.

Edited to say I’m not a reference on color pairing. That’s just what I would do and would find pleasing to my eye :)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you want a lazyman or short chelsea? If you want something work with CM and non CM maybe short chelsea instead? Though I guess a plain toe lazyman would like kind like a short chelsea if you put on looking from outside perspective anyway

Adhazem

Reaction score
Do you want a lazyman or short chelsea? If you want something work with CM and non CM maybe short chelsea instead? Though I guess a plain toe lazyman would like kind like a short chelsea if you put on looking from outside perspective anyway

I don’t have any lazyman so not sure how it would feel and look. From a practical standpoint it does certainly feel similar to the short Chelsea.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
feel is more less the same, if you want a GC Churchill type of thing then of course lazyman only, if it's a plain toe then short chelsea vs. lazyman makes better comparison, I guess outside direction of elastic only real difference is flat top vs. curves like shoe? if you want to make sure less chance of showing socks short chelsea might be marginally better because of that.

evangel21

Reaction score
I don’t have any lazyman so not sure how it would feel and look. From a practical standpoint it does certainly feel similar to the short Chelsea.

Highly recommend you try a pair of lazyman. The ease and comfort is great.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so here’s some older pics from the making of my pair. What’s perplexing is it’s clearly made in crust and he’s finishing it in his shop in Taipei. It doesn’t explain the video on the BW gram. Maybe someone commissioned a similar pair?

View attachment 1761052
View attachment 1761053 View attachment 1761054 View attachment 1761055 View attachment 1761056 View attachment 1761057

On a side note, I just got the wife fancy boots so I get a pass on another pair;)

I’m intrigued by a pair I saw on BW’s page. I don’t own anything in this deep green suede. What do you guys think? I don’t have any lazyman’s so maybe I just get the same as this model? Or a bimaterial boot with dark brown lower…? Hmmm.

View attachment 1761059
I think I’d echo the other guys who asked how you’d wear them - I think that particular shade would be tough to pair, especially in a CM context. I know I’m a bit of a wet blanket and have soporific taste but given you mention you’d likely wear them with denim mostly - What about a Chukka if you’re dead set on that color? I suppose a loafer could maybe work in a non-CM role. I’d guess maybe it could work with a dark denim in that case, maybe with brown chinos or something. But I think I’d go for a different leather if you’re looking at a short Chelsea or lazyman.

Which I suppose raises the question - Do you have a Chukka and loafer in a chocolate or dark brown suede already?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think short chelsea can still be treat just like chelsea so versatile enough for me in smooth calf (in the 60s way)

both are CJ

you can definitely wear this one CM easy and none CM side I guess this can't go with real workwear but anything else should still work

Adhazem

Reaction score
I think I’d echo the other guys who asked how you’d wear them - I think that particular shade would be tough to pair, especially in a CM context. I know I’m a bit of a wet blanket and have soporific taste but given you mention you’d likely wear them with denim mostly - What about a Chukka if you’re dead set on that color? I suppose a loafer could maybe work in a non-CM role. I’d guess maybe it could work with a dark denim in that case, maybe with brown chinos or something. But I think I’d go for a different leather if you’re looking at a short Chelsea or lazyman.

Which I suppose raises the question - Do you have a Chukka and loafer in a chocolate or dark brown suede already?

I do have a Chukka and a loafer in chocolate brown suede. Maybe you’re right about getting them In a boot makeup. Doesn’t have to be Chukka or Chelsea. I don’t know. This is another acquisition that’s gonna be a want not need but they all are at this point.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
get a black smooth calf short chelsea I would think that's easy to wear

TheKingofAFK

Reaction score
Long time follower of this thread, figured I'd show my 2nd pair of split toes from CNES. Great company to work with
Cnes 1.jpeg
Cnes 2.jpeg
Cnes 3.jpeg

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked the folks at Cnes to make these.
They are handwelted, hatch grain leather, I wanted the Norwegian welt and they delivered.
The soles were a special request, it was a design they experimented with and decided not to use, after showing me the photos I had to have them.

The waist design was inspired by a shoe by Atelier Zakaryan in the latest world champs in shoemaking (see more of it here). Really cool design (heel breast shape inspired by another contest entry). Exactly one of the purposes with the contest, inspire and bring in new stuff to the industry, also horseshoe heels have become much more common after the contest.

DSC07750.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads