• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

Adhazem

Reaction score
Good point. I do not find their prices so competitive compare to other chinase makers. Does anyone have any experience with their BW1010 last?. If there is not much info about last shapes and sizing I think I will not pull the trigger.
Yeah they’re definitely not cheap but do hit above their weight. Just holding the pair gave me all the feels. I don’t know if it’s the sole, Russian grain oxblood, the last shape or probably all the above? I guess ACME is another level beyond. At over a grand it’s even a tougher market because you’re getting close to the handmade stuff from Italy and for me -and it’s a completely subjective opinion- there’s a bit more pizazz out of Naples or Florence.

Based on 2 purchases from Y and 3 from BW. Prices are roughly the same.

Y: Allows for return (with fee), have detailed information about their last and sizing. Did not like customer support sometimes took week+ to answer emails. Both purchases took 60 days.

BW: Only return if visible defect. Extremely awesome communication with a couple of caveats. Information regarding lasts/sizing is sparse at best. Language barrier can be an issue. Though they will reply to as many inquiries you have and will send a bunch of photos. All three orders received in less than 30 days.

Because I had purchased Y prior to BW I had an idea bout fit. I would say Y is a safer bet in order to nail down fit (just cause of return possibilities).
Thanks for the summary! I agree customer service with Y takes a few days to respond but they were knowledgeable with sizing and last recommendations and what they recommended fit my weird feet real nice. With the delay in shoetrees I was offered to get my shoes now and the trees when available at no extra shipping charge. I believe BW will either hold you shoes until the the trees are in, or ask that you pay for separate shipping. That’s not personal experience but someone else mentioned had mentioned it. And I know it’s silly to discuss shipping when you’re buying at this caliber but it’s still a nice gesture from Y.

Having said all that I’m not opposed to reaching out to BW and seeing what styles and makeups they have. After I get my second Y probably.:rotflmao:

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having said all that I’m not opposed to reaching out to BW and seeing what styles and makeups they have. After I get my second Y probably.:rotflmao:
I thought about doing this with another maker that utilizes the same factory and did a trial shoe. When the trial shoe got delivered I pretty much made the determination that given it’s the same factory, same specs, similar models and generally similar lasts - Once I’ve got my fit dialed in from one of the sub-lines there’s no sense in switching brands or anything to be gained and chalked the trial shoe up to a loss and discarded it. YMMV.

I’d be much more interested in trying JimJun, ACME, Yim, Hung, Yearn, Fumu, LuYang (I think these are independent of the Xibao factory but would want to confirm before ordering) over trying Oct10/BW/Wayman given I’ve got Y already and have my fit dialed in.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing this with another maker that utilizes the same factory and did a trial shoe. When the trial shoe got delivered I pretty much made the determination that given it’s the same factory, same specs, similar models and generally similar lasts - Once I’ve got my fit dialed in from one of the sub-lines there’s no sense in switching brands or anything to be gained and chalked the trial shoe up to a loss and discarded it. YMMV.

I’d be much more interested in trying JimJun, ACME, Yim, Hung, Yearn, Fumu, LuYang (I think these are independent of the Xibao factory but would want to confirm before ordering) over trying Oct10/BW/Wayman given I’ve got Y already and have my fit dialed in.
I'd agree with that, especially considering the independent Chinese makers Yim & Lu Yang, Fumu (over in Singapore), Hung (in Taiwan). Theoretically, they should be a level up since they probably do all their own work and you would get closer to a Bespoke experience (actual Bespoke provided you meet with them).

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I was to try something that's still RTW probably would try Jim Jun just because all the stuff TM posts

Adhazem

Reaction score
I'd agree with that, especially considering the independent Chinese makers Yim & Lu Yang, Fumu (over in Singapore), Hung (in Taiwan). Theoretically, they should be a level up since they probably do all their own work and you would get closer to a Bespoke experience (actual Bespoke provided you meet with them).
I’m getting my trial shoes from Graziat Taipei this week. Based in Taiwan and made in China. Not sure where or by whom. They have a very interesting Instagram page. Took the plunge on MTM custom last after speaking with the owner for a little bit. Those will be the most I’ve spent on a shoe ever.
637D9FBE-3CD6-4AE5-A09D-FFDB06B26EEC.jpeg
9E4D0512-9AB9-47D2-9C01-A11F5BB82165.jpeg
CBCA4C4B-93B4-4D3B-9DEC-A658DB28B694.png

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m getting my trial shoes from Graziat Taipei this week. Based in Taiwan and made in China. Not sure where or by whom. They have a very interesting Instagram page. Took the plunge on MTM custom last after speaking with the owner for a little bit. Those will be the most I’ve spent on a shoe ever. View attachment 1692173 View attachment 1692174 View attachment 1692177
A while back I think @nutcracker had maybe mentioned Graziat uses Xibao for making but patina is in house. Edit: found it https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-high-end-chinese-shoe-thread.665419/post-10381087

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, was about to say the same, good memory, and if anyone is in Taipei should visit oak room (though I might visit Anthology first, Berluti type of patina isn't really my thing, definitely a lot more menswear scene in Taiwan than when I was there for sure)

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.