• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing this with another maker that utilizes the same factory and did a trial shoe. When the trial shoe got delivered I pretty much made the determination that given it’s the same factory, same specs, similar models and generally similar lasts - Once I’ve got my fit dialed in from one of the sub-lines there’s no sense in switching brands or anything to be gained and chalked the trial shoe up to a loss and discarded it. YMMV.

I’d be much more interested in trying JimJun, ACME, Yim, Hung, Yearn, Fumu, LuYang (I think these are independent of the Xibao factory but would want to confirm before ordering) over trying Oct10/BW/Wayman given I’ve got Y already and have my fit dialed in.
I'd agree with that, especially considering the independent Chinese makers Yim & Lu Yang, Fumu (over in Singapore), Hung (in Taiwan). Theoretically, they should be a level up since they probably do all their own work and you would get closer to a Bespoke experience (actual Bespoke provided you meet with them).

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I was to try something that's still RTW probably would try Jim Jun just because all the stuff TM posts

Adhazem

Reaction score
I'd agree with that, especially considering the independent Chinese makers Yim & Lu Yang, Fumu (over in Singapore), Hung (in Taiwan). Theoretically, they should be a level up since they probably do all their own work and you would get closer to a Bespoke experience (actual Bespoke provided you meet with them).
I’m getting my trial shoes from Graziat Taipei this week. Based in Taiwan and made in China. Not sure where or by whom. They have a very interesting Instagram page. Took the plunge on MTM custom last after speaking with the owner for a little bit. Those will be the most I’ve spent on a shoe ever.
637D9FBE-3CD6-4AE5-A09D-FFDB06B26EEC.jpeg
9E4D0512-9AB9-47D2-9C01-A11F5BB82165.jpeg
CBCA4C4B-93B4-4D3B-9DEC-A658DB28B694.png

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m getting my trial shoes from Graziat Taipei this week. Based in Taiwan and made in China. Not sure where or by whom. They have a very interesting Instagram page. Took the plunge on MTM custom last after speaking with the owner for a little bit. Those will be the most I’ve spent on a shoe ever. View attachment 1692173 View attachment 1692174 View attachment 1692177
A while back I think @nutcracker had maybe mentioned Graziat uses Xibao for making but patina is in house. Edit: found it https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-high-end-chinese-shoe-thread.665419/post-10381087

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, was about to say the same, good memory, and if anyone is in Taipei should visit oak room (though I might visit Anthology first, Berluti type of patina isn't really my thing, definitely a lot more menswear scene in Taiwan than when I was there for sure)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 16.4%