• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

bernoulli

Reaction score
Standard MTO at the U$400 range and 1 month turn around. Shoes are handwelted.

Did you do the yearn RTW/standard MTO or the upgraded MTO?

For those following along - There are two levels of workmanship. Unsure if soles are both machine stitched.

standard RTW/MTO is celastic components, sole at 8spi with a standard leather sole, square waist and 1 month turn around time. In the $400-450 range.

premium MTO is leather stiffeners, a beveled waist and 12spi sole stitch. Price is about $1K US and includes lasted trees.

andreasky

Reaction score
Does anyone know the stitches per inch of Hephaestus shoes?
Do you know from which tannery their suede comes?

Thank you

Devis4u

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with Shinki horsehide vs Maryam horsehide? Debating doing an iron boots MTO (Maryam horsehide) or viberg's Shinki offering, but admittedly don't have any experience with either.

Adhazem

Reaction score
Fresh in the mail. First time ordering so was hesitant given the cost to go for a made to order. They do allow returns for a 25% restocking fee so at least there’s that. After providing alternate brand sizes they recommended 10F for me and it fits like a glove. Very happy with the quality of work. Gotta be my favorite technique as far as installed toe plates at the factory. The norvogese looks nice and the actual leather is a beauty. Horween Russian hatch oxblood.

Will try spade soles next time.
0208CC71-0BC6-4B56-9D2E-278ECF6D92B8.jpeg
A7835518-5FE2-45D6-A071-3FF3FBC6B258.jpeg
9AA2772E-A2C0-412F-9331-E16CD783C5DC.jpeg
E737E760-A5C1-4EFE-A1F7-0E5B0DBABCBF.jpeg
D1D9040F-44C4-4043-8F6B-A3B2F464007B.jpeg
FFAE1A69-35DD-4BF1-B4E5-2E61602C08A4.jpeg

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh in the mail. First time ordering so was hesitant given the cost to go for a made to order. They do allow returns for a 25% restocking fee so at least there’s that. After providing alternate brand sizes they recommended 10F for me and it fits like a glove. Very happy with the quality of work. Gotta be my favorite technique as far as installed toe plates at the factory. The norvogese looks nice and the actual leather is a beauty. Horween Russian hatch oxblood.

Will try spade soles next time.
View attachment 1689830 View attachment 1689831 View attachment 1689832 View attachment 1689833 View attachment 1689834 View attachment 1689835
Nice pickup - that Horween hatch is great and softens up nicely with some wear - if you’re considering going spade I’ll try and grab some pictures of their spade next to their regular sole when I get back to my closet. It’s not particularly wide or that aggressive of a spade but after getting a pair I ended up being one and done on the option for my orders.

Adhazem

Reaction score
Nice pickup - that Horween hatch is great and softens up nicely with some wear - if you’re considering going spade I’ll try and grab some pictures of their spade next to their regular sole when I get back to my closet. It’s not particularly wide or that aggressive of a spade but after getting a pair I ended up being one and done on the option for my orders.
Thanks! I’m excited to take them out next week when I’m off. Their site does describe the Horween as stiff leather so I was expecting it. It’s just very beautiful to my eyes. Good that it breaks in nicely.

Interesting about the spade. Look forward to the pictures. What shoes have you bought from them? I’m very impressed with the workmanship.those are my first but won’t be last.

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I’m excited to take them out next week when I’m off. Their site does describe the Horween as stiff leather so I was expecting it. It’s just very beautiful to my eyes. Good that it breaks in nicely.

Interesting about the spade. Look forward to the pictures. What shoes have you bought from them? I’m very impressed with the workmanship.those are my first but won’t be last.
I think the list is: 2 Thompson split toe, duke adelaide with the handmade upgrade and a duxton balmoral.

Adhazem

Reaction score
I think the list is: 2 Thompson split toe, duke adelaide with the handmade upgrade and a duxton balmoral.
What do you get with the handmade upgrade? The regular ones are handlasted I believe but the offer hand stitched soles for a surcharge. Is that what it is? Is there any difference otherwise in finishing?

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.