• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

BomTrady

Reaction score
@BomTrady has ACME so I think he would as well.
For ACME I worked with Oliver. He's fantastic and super knowledgeable. I've been trying to buy shoes from Medallion for two years and find the online shop never has my size in anything but a pair of Vass that I am not sure is still really available and even when they've shown a shoe I like online, I emailed first, which is what they advise to do before checking out, and twice they didn't have the shoe I wanted in stock. But I've seen pictures of their shop and it appears they have lots of shoes. I am starting to think that selling online might be a secondary endeavor for them and they do quite well in the brick and mortar shop.

If you contact ACME vis IG, Oliver is very responsive. He's a first class entrepreneur and provides great service.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone in the US have experience with buying from Medallion and getting shoes shipped?

Yes I bought a pair of AMs from Medallion. Ironically, it was through their never-updated website. I guess I got lucky haha.

Very easy and smooth transaction. Great guys to work with. They confirmed my sizing details and even sent me pics (or video?) of the shoes before they shipped.

Shipping was ridiculously fast. They shipped on a Friday and I received them in Boston by Monday.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Yes I bought a pair of AMs from Medallion. Ironically, it was through their never-updated website. I guess I got lucky haha.

Very easy and smooth transaction. Great guys to work with. They confirmed my sizing details and even sent me pics (or video?) of the shoes before they shipped.

Shipping was ridiculously fast. They shipped on a Friday and I received them in Boston by Monday.
Darn, that’s excellent. What shipping service did they use?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

that was pre COVID though I imagine things are slower now

noa99ap

Reaction score
Hello guys, new user but i've been lurking for a few months now.

Last week I received my first pair of high-end shoes, having started with Carmina and TLB.

This superb pair is made by Gordon Jim&Jun, which I've been following on instagram for quite some time. I decided to go with him in November because he was relatively inexpensive, and being a student I couldn't afford 1k+€ for shoes yet.

I paid 820€ for the Advanced Goodyear welted program which is actually handwelted (10spi) and handlasted.

I sent Gordon some pictures and measurements of my feet, and waiting about 6 weeks for the trial shoes (included in the price) to come. Here are some pictures :
I was very happy with them, and very little adjustements were needed.

I talked to Simon which is in charge in communication and we decided to go with a dark brown museum color, which is a first for me. I was a little skeptical as this wasn't a color i was sure i'd like, but I thought i could always dye it in black if I wanted to.

Here are some pictures, sorry I'm not a good photographer (link is on imgur, the photos wouldn't post here sorry. If anyone knows why and can help me, I'll edit the post with direct pictures)

The fit is superb, I wore them once for 3 hours and they felt great. Surprisingly enough i didn't get any blisters, so maybe they aren't tight enough. If you guys want, I can take some pictures while wearing them.

Thank you if you read this far, hoping you have a great weekend !

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last week I received my first pair of high-end shoes, having started with Carmina and TLB.

This superb pair is made by Gordon Jim&Jun, which I've been following on instagram for quite some time. I decided to go with him in November because he was relatively inexpensive, and being a student I couldn't afford 1k+€ for shoes yet.

I paid 820€ for the Advanced Goodyear welted program which is actually handwelted (10spi) and handlasted.

I sent Gordon some pictures and measurements of my feet, and waiting about 6 weeks for the trial shoes (included in the price) to come. Here are some pictures :

I talked to Simon which is in charge in communication and we decided to go with a dark brown museum color, which is a first for me. I was a little skeptical as this wasn't a color i was sure i'd like, but I thought i could always dye it in black if I wanted to.

Here are some pictures, sorry I'm not a good photographer (link is on imgur, the photos wouldn't post here sorry. If anyone knows why and can help me, I'll edit the post with direct pictures)

The fit is superb, I wore them once for 3 hours and they felt great. Surprisingly enough i didn't get any blisters, so maybe they aren't tight enough. If you guys want, I can take some pictures while wearing them.

They look great! Which last did you go with? And 820 is the handwelted price with included trial shoe correct? 500 is the advanced Goodyear similar to Meccariello Argentum? What did your timeline end up being? Think you said November + 6 weeks for trial shoes. So 10-12 weeks after that for completed shoes?

Betta

Reaction score
They look great! Which last did you go with? And 820 is the handwelted price with included trial shoe correct? 500 is the advanced Goodyear similar to Meccariello Argentum? What did your timeline end up being? Think you said November + 6 weeks for trial shoes. So 10-12 weeks after that for completed shoes?
lol I thought his reply was confusing Glady I was not the only one.

Betta

Reaction score

Those trial shoes looks way better than some of my RTW pairs from other brands! XD

noa99ap

Reaction score
The last is medium square !
Yes 820 is the "MTM Premium Hand Welted" sorry i get confused myself.

Timeline is :
16th November placed order
11th January received trial shoes (black pair posted by Gordon on his instagram, my account is tagged if you wish to follow my journey)
26th April received final shoes (Brown ones)

And yes i find the trial shoes to look better than some RTW shoes haha

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%